Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT topic but rather amusing Snakes on a Plane
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I was wondering how in the hell people could be going on and on about what is gonna be the stupidest movie ever.

So last night I was looking all over the internet at reviews and peoples opinions.

What I have kinda concluded is they promoted it with a grassroots messaging and making accounts on myspace of people just there to hype this movie. Even got the spin going so much the magazines even got in on it and hell even entertainment weekly had is on a cover claiming it the movie that is gonna change the industry.

Well in a way it did. They have fooled so many people into going to see this movie by basicaly word of mouth.

It has even gotten to the point there are people claiming this to be the best movie they ever saw even though they haven't seen it because they think it's funny that they could trick people into sitting thru what is definetly gonna be a peice of garbage.
Part Pricer

Yea! Why didn't we think of that? laugh.gif

We would all be rich! biggrin.gif
TonyAKAVW
All the reviews I've read today from regular people who watched it and professional reviewers say the movie is really awesome.

But yes, the viral marketing campaing for this movie has got to be one of the most succesful ever.
The basic premise was that it was initially pitched as a serious action movie with a dumb title that it currently has. They were going to change the title to something that didn't sound so inane, but Samuel L. Jackson wouldn't do the movie if they did. So from that point the movie was changed around a bit to make it a spoof of itself. Basically a movie making fun of itself in a subtle way.

Thats the idea at least.. Whether that is true or if it was all concocted as marketing is hard to say. Either way, I want to see the movie, and I never go to the movies (thanks to NetFlix and modern home theater electronics) so by that measure their marketing has succeeded.

-Tony
wbergtho
I heard an interview with Samuel L. Jackson today on the radio regarding this movie. He mentioned that the snakes were slightly arrogant, had bigger trailors than the stars, and didn't remember their lines! The interview had me cracking up as I was driving down the road to work. I just might go out and see this shitty movie...hell...I like anything to do with airplanes...put snakes on an aircraft and you have an academy award winning formula. mueba.gif
Eric_Shea
"Mice in a Longitudinal"

(coming soon... but DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT... until I say so)

((where's that dog food pic?))
balljoint
There was a talk radio story here yesterday about how this film could accentuate societal anxiety related to airtravel. Especially since it combined two of people's biggest fears; flying and snakes. One station even had an "expert" that they interviewed. This certainly seems like a big joke or some kind of evil conspiracy. I suspect Pinky and The Brain.
wbergtho
This certainly seems like a big joke or some kind of evil conspiracy

Alqieda? ph34r.gif
pfierb
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Aug 19 2006, 11:08 AM) *

This certainly seems like a big joke or some kind of evil conspiracy

Alqieda? ph34r.gif

Naw sounds more like Hezbollah to me....but maybe not they like to blow themselves up.....brilliant minds.
Eric_Shea
but maybe not they like to blow themselves up

Exactly... even snakes aren't that stupid.
Rrrockhound
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 19 2006, 01:17 AM) *

"Mice in a Longitudinal"

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.