Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drove my new 2.7L race engine today, it set off all
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
This engine will be a bit different to drive than the really peaky 2.2L engine I had that lasted 2.5 years before breaking a rod. The 906 cams really made for great power but it was over 5K so it was a bit hard to drive. At the JBA dyno in San Diego the rear wheel HP was 149 at 5000, 175 HP at 5500 and 197 at 6500 RPM so the power is a bit higher but comes in nice and lower. The torque was 150# at 3100 RPM, 150# at 4100 RPM, 160# at 5100 RPM and stayed nearly flat the rest of the way up. With the K-Q-V gear set and GT limited slip it should be a monster at a short course like the one in Tijuana! Sure glad I have Mueller's alloy hubs and vented rotors now!
The specs are 2.7L, 2.7L ported heads, matched intakes, modified "S" cams, Weber 44 IDS tripples, modified case (squirters, boat tail, etc), lighter flywheel and a monster gear box.
Greg Bell
beerchug.gif Nice!
turboman808
Sounds like the same motor as mine. It was engine dynoed at 197lbs and 240 hp

Probably comes out to the same on a wheel dyno as yours. It's fuel injected so not sure what the PO did to make it work. Looks like a set of webers to me but what the hell do I know.

sixnotfour
44 triples? 40or 46 or custom? I have some 45 triples
john rogers
I think the Webers are 44's but might be 40's? It has been a while since I looked at the writing on them, although they do have the "candy canes" for the tall secondaries which really do work.
wbergtho
That looks like a super clean set up. I'm sure it make a beautiful array of flat six sounds! Great job! Hope this one lasts more than 2.5 years.
retrotech
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Aug 18 2006, 06:22 PM) *

Sounds like the same motor as mine. It was engine dynoed at 197lbs and 240 hp

Probably comes out to the same on a wheel dyno as yours. It's fuel injected so not sure what the PO did to make it work. Looks like a set of webers to me but what the hell do I know.

Can you tell me where those velocity stacks are available?
cbenitah
wavey.gif
sounds great John,
Hope everything is ok on the other side of town.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.