Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel offset
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
41ghost
just like the discription says. what is the offset of rims it will accept without, or with spacers [5 bolt ] and with fender flairs. 16, 17 18" . i was looking at 18' with 8.5 52mm front, and 10" 58mm ofset, not sure if these will fit.
Bigbohr
You're gonne need some massive spacers with these late offset wheels. Find out first the price of good +/- 2" spacers before buying the wheels. Eventually you will have to do fitting before getting the spacers (sorry for pointing out the obvious). You can use the following as an indication what you may need. There are plenty of other threads on this - do a search.
I have 275/17-40 tires in the back and still need a 6mm spacer with the 15mm offset rims I have (the resulting offset is 9mm). IMO you're not gonne fit much more tire than that under GT flears in the rear.
For the front I have 235/45-17 tires and I need a 20mm spacer to fill up the GT front flair with my 23mm offset rims (the resulting offset is 3mm).
Mueller
QUOTE(Bigbohr @ Aug 18 2006, 08:28 PM) *

You're gonne need some massive spacers with these late offset wheels. Find out first the price of good +/- 2" spacers before buying the wheels. Eventually you will have to do fitting before getting the spacers (sorry for pointing out the obvious). You can use the following as an indication what you may need. There are plenty of other threads on this - do a search.
I have 275/17-40 tires in the back and still need a 6mm spacer with the 15mm offset rims I have (the resulting offset is 9mm). IMO you're not gonne fit much more tire than that under GT flears in the rear.
For the front I have 235/45-17 tires and I need a 20mm spacer to fill up the GT front flair with my 23mm offset rims (the resulting offset is 3mm).

what is the width of your rims, that would help smile.gif

how is the turning effort? I'll be installing 245/17s on 8's on all 4 corners and was told that the turning effort is going to be a PITA at low speeds
Bigbohr
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 18 2006, 10:25 PM) *

what is the width of your rims, that would help smile.gif

how is the turning effort? I'll be installing 245/17s on 8's on all 4 corners and was told that the turning effort is going to be a PITA at low speeds

It does? blink.gif Wheel offset and tiresize should tell the story.
Anyways, its 17 x 7.5 front and 17 x 9 rear.
I'll find out how the turning effort is when I manage to get the car on the road. In the garage it seems ok but that's prolly not a very good reference.
41ghost
what kind of wheel s do you have . can you show a pic of what your set up is. sounds like what i'm looking at is not a good set up .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.