Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALL SOUTHERN TEENERS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
Just a icon_bump.gif for the event. LINK

914world.com
SOUTH EAST CLASSIC

The 914world.com South East Classic “Heritage of the South” will be held on September 8th and 9th of 2006. The event will take place in the beautiful town of Helen, Georgia. This year we are planning to have around thirty cars, and around 45-50 people attending. This will be the southern 914 event to attend. We are expecting to have a lot of fun, with the combination of a rally through the mountains of GA, NC, and TN while driving through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, driving the Tail of the Dragon (www.tailofthedragon.com) , and touring Jake Raby’s Aircooled Technology. We have many sponsors for our event, including: Camp 914, Appearance and Performance, Series 9, team NARP racing, EvilWerks,Engman, No Bad Days Graphics, Callicott Motorsports, and Hennessy Porsche. The Registration fee will be $45.00, which will pay for one main entrant, and one co-entrant. The registration fee will include two event T-shirts, two boxed lunches for Saturdays rally, one goodie bag, and one official license plate. Any money left will be donated to the local Ronald McDonald house. The plan for Friday the 8th is to meet at Andretti Karting Facility (www.andrettikarting.com) , and to have a swap meet in the parking lot, starting at 2:30 PM. Departure for Helen will be at 5:30PM. The host hotel will be the Comfort Inn, just outside of Helen. The group rate is $79.99 per night not including tax. Their phone number is (706) 878-8000. Make sure you tell them that you are with the 914club. We plan for this to be an annual event, and there is already much talk of SEC 07. A schedule of events will be posted as soon as the Rally route is finished. The SEC planning crew would like to formally invite everyone to come and share the fun with us. CUT OFF DATE FOR REGISTRAION IS THE 25th OF AUGUST. Thank you,
The SEC Planning Crew

Schedule of Events

Friday the 8th:
2:30 PM: Meet at Andretti Karting Facility, Pick up shirts and goodie bags at official event Tent.
4:30 PM: Door prize giveaway
5:30 PM: Caravan to Helen
6:30 PM: arrive in Helen; no official plans for Friday night. Do your own thing.

Saturday the 9th:
8:00AM: Meet In hotel parking lot, leave for Jake Raby’s shop.
8:30 AM: Arrive at Jake’s place.
10:00 AM: Leave Jakes shop, Begin Rally.
12:30 PM: Stop for lunch at State Park; Photo Shoot.
1:30 PM: Leave State Park, continue with Rally.
3:00 PM: Stop to rest, cool down you cars, everybody catches up if separated.
5:30 PM: Arrive at Hotel in Helen, rest and clean up before dinner.
6:30 PM: Meet up at Altheidelberg German restaurant. Stay as long as everyone likes.

Sunday the 10th:
Leave for home.
Southeastern Bug Fair if Intersted. Hosted by Raby's Aircooled Technology; Largest swap meet in the southeast. http://www.sevwc.com/bugfair.htm.
Jake Raby
I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at my place!! The Southeastern Bugfair will be an absolutely HUGE show and its located only 1/2 hour from Helen, the day following the rally..

Barry, make sure to remind everyone of the rule concerning watercooled teeners and the like at my place. I will ensure there is plenty of room in our lower field for them to be parked safely.
grasshopper
Thanks Jake! I almost forgot to tell people about the water-cooled part. I will add that to my post. Me and my dad will definetly be attending the Bugfair on sunday. Maybe buy a 1911 kit from you also....If my dad is in a buying mood. wink.gif
grasshopper
icon_bump.gif
D1A3
Hi Barry,

Have you posted our drive on the Pelican Board? Just wondering if anyone over there is not aware and woudl want to join us...

--Jason
grasshopper
No, I havn't.
D1A3
hijacked.gif

Does anyone attending SEC 2006 have a Rivet tool with a 3/8-16 adapter that can pull a threaded rivet (rivnut, rivet nut, klik rivet, threaded blind nut, etc)?

If so, please PM me. I need your help.

Thanks,
Jason
grasshopper
icon_bump.gif SIGN UP!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.