Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buttonwillow Picture Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Although I got to the track late the organizers were kind enough to let me jump right in. The only problem was that all the instructors were already assigned. I said no problem Brad Roberts is gonna ride with me. Thanks a ton Brad.

Started off slow and realized that I am as dumb as a rock when it comes to driving on a fast track. Brad is a great instructor and by the 3rd run I was faster and kind of getting the hang of things. Still got a loooong way to go though.

Brad had the Mind Over Motorsport Boxter, Bill (nine14cats) has his 9 eleben and Greg (race914) had his really nice big four.
Allan
gerble
Allan
pleep
TonyAKAVW
Cool! Sounds like a fun event. I wanted to go to this, but I knew my car wouldn't be done in time.

How'd the car do?

-Tony
Trekkor
I missed out... sad.gif

KT
sixnotfour
Good fun , did you miss your -4? on the track?
Allan
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Aug 18 2006, 07:01 PM) *

How'd the car do?

-Tony

Car did really well.

It was stumbling on the idle circuit but that's probably due to a clogged jet. The clutch had to be adjusted a little because it started to slip when Brad was flogging it, and I found out I'm only getting about 1/2 - 3/4 throttle because the linkage is out of adjustment.

Brad said the car was very balanced and that I should leave everything set just as it is...

Oh, I did have one mis-hap when I spun it at the end of the long straight...
Allan
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 18 2006, 07:33 PM) *

Good fun , did you miss your -4? on the track?

Um, no.... wink.gif
Aaron Cox
damn... sounds like fun.

next time?
race914
Allan,

Really nice to meet you in person at Buttonwillow!

I hope you can make it to Laguna Seca 9/23 & 24 for the SCCA Vintage Event. They are having 914 Festival as part of this event which includes parade laps on Saturday, and your chance to "drive" the corkscrew! 11 story drop from the top of turn 8 down to turn 11!

IPB Image

Some pix from SirAndy from last year

Greg

race914
Since I was working under the engine lid in the pics above. smash.gif I thought I'd relay the issue, and show my permanent fix finished yesterday.

My 911 Type Cooling Shroud kept coming loose and taking a queue from the Dr. Evil CV Bolt thread, I safety wired my setup!

HooRaa for my Harbor Freight Safety Wire Pliers!!!

This should solve my maintenance issue...

Click to view attachment

Wanted to mention again that the LeadFoot Adventure track day was well run and should be considered if you want to get your car on the track.

Brad Roberts
I had a FRIGGIN blast.

I'm going to try and be nice here:

Allan,

your throttle linkage sucks to high heaven! << was that nice?

Make sure it is not rubbing on the engine tin when you fix it (in the rear, like it was)

Also make sure you put a throttle stop pin back into the pedal board.

Half the headache with driving your car was not being able to properly balance the car out with the throttle.

You are VERY close to having a nice driver.

You did fine for your first track event. I was in hurry up mode with you, knowing that you missed the morning sessions.

Great group. Cant wait to run with them again.

B
Allan
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 21 2006, 02:48 PM) *

I had a FRIGGIN blast.

I'm going to try and be nice here:

Allan,

your throttle linkage sucks to high heaven! << was that nice? Hell no but it really does!!!

Make sure it is not rubbing on the engine tin when you fix it (in the rear, like it was) Will do...

Also make sure you put a throttle stop pin back into the pedal board. Gotta find one.

Half the headache with driving your car was not being able to properly balance the car out with the throttle. Agreed. It's even worse in traffic...

You are VERY close to having a nice driver. Thanks!!!!

You did fine for your first track event. Thanks again!!!

I was in hurry up mode with you, knowing that you missed the morning sessions. I really appreciate the help!!!

Great group. Cant wait to run with them again. Me too!!!

B

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.