Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car is a rust bucket! Time to part out or find a roller.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg Bell
Guys,

I was tinkering with my 73 2.0, and I decided to strip the spare tire area of some suspicious undercoating type material. By the time I was finished I discovered that the whole front end was constructed of fiberglass and rust. The front suspension, literally, is bolted into this dangerous mess. The car has hell hole issues, etc. It is time for the old part-out, IMHO. I wouldn't have the stomach to sell the car to somebody.

Oh well, my second 914 has died of rust.

Anybody know where I could get a good, solid, rust free roller to plug my 2.0 goodies into?
Lou W
I would put an add in the Classified Section here, I'm sure you"ll find one. Do you have any pictures with the rust problems? If so, post them.
URY914
Greg,

I have a '74 roller in what I would say "fair" condition. It does have some rust issues but is repairable and stright. I'll be working today to get some pictures of it.

I'm sorta close to you and I have a trailer. I hope we may be able work some thing out.

Paul
JoeSharp
Greg: Even here there not free. I paid $200 for the last 2. Paul and Barry should be able to tell you whats up back there. I have a good tube, here but it would cost 1K to ship it there. I had Thomas cut up a 75 because of fiberglass.
Good Luck
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Joe Ricard
Come and pick up my70 tub. Longs are in great shape fenders have never been rolled floors are like prefect there is an issue with the tunnel and clutch tube but other wise nice piece. 300 you come get it.

Mississippi ain't that far .
Greg Bell
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 19 2006, 04:38 AM) *

Come and pick up my70 tub. Longs are in great shape fenders have never been rolled floors are like prefect there is an issue with the tunnel and clutch tube but other wise nice piece. 300 you come get it.

Mississippi ain't that far .

Got any pics?
Joe Ricard
I suppose of the car right? Tough.
It is holding up a bunch of stuff. 110 heat index in the garage. I am working inside today.
I am in as much hurry to move the tub as you are.
All the things wrong with it can be fixed in a week end of welding. To damn hot now maybe this winter.
URY914
Greg, I had a good look at my roller today. Hell Hole and longs are cheese. It's a rolling parts car. Sorry.
JRust
Amazing how nice a 914 can look that is a rust bucket. I got my 74 2.0 that had"a little rust but nothing to bad" . Take a look at this! WARNING not for the faint of heart. Oh wait this is probably half the cars on here owned.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.