Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My LN-RAT engine kit...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rickyhgarcia
Last February I ordered an engine kit from LN Engineering. Although ordered from Charles Navarro, Jake was the actual builder of my kit. The kit was originally ordered with Jake´s 7456 heads which are NLA. These heads included square shaped exhaust ports to match the tubs of my Tangerine headers.

Charles Navarro informed me yesterday that Jake upgraded my heads to the new product LE200 heads at no additional cost to my kit. According to Jake´s tests with these heads, a simple swap of heads on a test engine resulted in a 40HP increase in output...quite amazing.

Thanks Jake...you are the man.
rickyhgarcia
Take a look...

LE200 Forum
rickyhgarcia
BTW...this should have been an $800 upgrade to my original kit order!!!
craig downs
Yep Jakes the man. He takes good care of his customers and stands behind his products and services. I read alot of times where a part has failed or someone
had a problem and he goes over and above to make things right. Just like your
case he upgrades the heads to the current ones and doesn't charge you.
Who else would do that, not very many.
Craig
Jake Raby
Thanks for the kind words, Ricky.

We made the final developments with the LE 200 heads and superceded the 7456 right in the middle of preparing your kit. I saw the ifferences we had seen in power and efficiency Vs. the 7456. That, coupled with the fact that we were already tooling up for the LE series to totally dominate the head program was writing on the wall that several kit customers and even more engine shop customers were going to get more than they paid for without even asking...

I thought about writing everyone an email stating they could upgrade to the better heads for XX amount of dollars, but I decided against it and just threw them in for free. I hate paperwork and the BS that comes with trying to sell someone on "The latest and greatest" when we are already in work on their project...

I do try my best to stand behind what we do and what we sell when their has been a legitimate failure or inadequacy on our behalf. When it boils right down to it my support is up to the customer, because their attitude and level of respect when something occurs dictates everything. Luckily I get 90+% great customers that I'll help do anything, the other 10% are jerks that think that engines and parts are 100% perfect and since they paid a premium for them they have the right to disrespect us- those guys don't get a DAMN thing! (except kicked out of my system)

I am sure you'll love your kit and the power it makes, oif course no kit engine is capable of my latest development in the engine shop as a turnkey, but it will certainly be plenty for your car...

BTW- I forgot to tell you... Your kit received another upgrade you didn't know about and didn't pay for... It went from an 78mm crank to an 80mm crank. The reason I did this was the fact that our best bearings for the 78mm cranks were not available and the 80mm uses a Chevy journal that has an ever better selection of rod bearings available, all I had for a Chevy journaled crank was an 80mm!

The engine will remain the same longevity and reliability wise, it'll just make more power.. So there is another Christmas present from Uncle Jake, worth 250 bucks..

My customers get more than they pay for, so don't anyone EVER bitch about my prices! Who knows, you might just get as lucky as Ricky and my other dozen or so customers that got "free head"!
rickyhgarcia
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 19 2006, 05:30 PM) *

BTW- I forgot to tell you... Your kit received another upgrade you didn't know about and didn't pay for... It went from an 78mm crank to an 80mm crank. The reason I did this was the fact that our best bearings for the 78mm cranks were not available and the 80mm uses a Chevy journal that has an ever better selection of rod bearings available, all I had for a Chevy journaled crank was an 80mm!

The engine will remain the same longevity and reliability wise, it'll just make more power.. So there is another Christmas present from Uncle Jake, worth 250 bucks..

My customers get more than they pay for, so don't anyone EVER bitch about my prices! Who knows, you might just get as lucky as Ricky and my other dozen or so customers that got "free head"!

Jake,

WOW...that´s awesome!!!

I ended up with a 2664cc engine (103mm Nickies) and the LE200 heads...I´m speechless!!!

Please remember to e-mail with a quote for the plenum based FI system for the engine. It would be great if the OE air box be installed on top of the plenum to maintain a stock look in the engine compartment...

Ricky

rickyhgarcia
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 19 2006, 05:30 PM) *

I thought about writing everyone an email stating they could upgrade to the better heads for XX amount of dollars, but I decided against it and just threw them in for free. I hate paperwork and the BS that comes with trying to sell someone on "The latest and greatest" when we are already in work on their project...

That is the very best way to ensure repeat customers!!!

A satified customer will sell you more engines than web sites, opinon forums like this one or advertisements. Ask me about it!!!

I have read all the TIV engine related threads in this club during my decision process. And for someone who does not know it is difficult to decide. A lot of negative opinion towads RAT because of money issue or business practices during the negotiation phase. Then I realize, everybody that is interested in a TIV engine wants a RAT engine, but obviously there are cheaper options in the market. Debates then begins why it is so cheap someplace else, when in fact what I want is a RAT engine. When these debates becomes frustration negative opinions are written. I must admit, after reading these negatives opinions I was borderline. Fortunately, Charles is such a smooth salesman that he made it clear to me going this way was the right choice.

The simple rule is that the best always cost more.

It is now obvious to me that it was a very wise decision to select the LN-RAT-HAM team for my engine. Whatever my next project is going to be, I´ll certainly go with these guys again.
Jake Raby

A lot of negative opinion towads RAT because of money issue or business practices during the negotiation phase.

I make it difficult in the beginning purposely. This is because a problematic customer that will create issues is forced to make those issues and show me who he is before I get one penny of his money! People that don't want my work 100% without any reservations are not the kind of person I want to give my dedication to. The people that do go through with my complete engines go from customer to friend very easily- my customers do so many unbelievable things for me that it always blows my mind.

I give people the opportunity to be a prick and if they aren't then things get really easy really quick. If they prove they are a jerk I politely give them the number of my leading competitor and we go our separate ways. I know of 3 instances where I turned down customers and they went to my competitors and ended up in court with them!!! I have NEVER been taken to court, not once, not ever! I sometimes lose jobs because of my procedures, but I would certainly rather lose a job as to go through with the crap associated with a court appearance and legal fees...

My approach to business with it's bluntness and bold text with a total lack of fine print is something that you can't find these days, there are always hidden expenditures and fine print in contracts, not in mine. The only way you don't know what you are getting into is if you don't read the damn paper!

It is now obvious to me that it was a very wise decision to select the LN-RAT-HAM team for my engine. Whatever my next project is going to be, I´ll certainly go with these guys again.

I am very glad you feel this way. Its a common feeling amongst those that do take the plunge and stick with us through a project.

I must admit, after reading these negatives opinions I was borderline.

Its a good thing I didn't know that, or you wouldn't have my engine kit or all these kind words to say.

Fortunately, Charles is such a smooth salesman that he made it clear to me going this way was the right choice.

No. He just told you the truth and put things into terms you could understand more than anything.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.