Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's to bad people don't keep their WORD!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsha916
I Called on a car/parts for sale by a club member, I live about 2.5 hours away from him, we talked on the phone and He said I was the first caller and I would be the first in line to buy the Car/parts. He also said he would email pictures, They never came!! He emailed that his camera batteries were dead. I assumed that they were coming, I checked my email several times that evening and the next day. I also left a message on his cell phone! Saturday morning I called again and Talked with him, He said he sold the car/parts to a friend(seemed also to be a lie). I don't know If this is the right forum for my Dissapointment. sad.gif confused24.gif sad.gif I was taught that your word was very important!!!!!

I am just very Disappointed!!!!
Bleyseng
Ok, who was the scurvy devil? 2.5hrs away must be someone in the Seattle area???

You have to jump on these sales and if ya snooze ya lose unfortunately but he could have sent pics. alfred.gif

What is the parts you are looking for?
So.Cal.914
I tried to buy a roller in the classifieds for 500.00 and the situation was simular.

All of the sudden there was a Friend that called before me to buy it for his son.

A week later I got a solid (almost rust free) roller for 150.00 and last I saw

(here) they were replacing all sorts of metal on the one that got away. Relax

we are all just human, when one door closes.....
laflaur
Hey Martin, yeah its me. How are ya? i amcruising the site, good to hear from you, John
Robert21
biggrin.gif I have had the same thing happen. Just feel sorry for them, they have to come up with a lie . If someone will give them more money just say so.
not some made up story that their dog eat your home work. I have
had stuff for sale . got the price i wanted , guy PM,s me offers me more money. if i back out of deal. no way would i do that. but that only me
and the friends i have make in this club.

ROBERT
McMark
Of course, sometimes it's not a lie. rolleyes.gif

If you see a great deal, you got to make it happen. Drive the 2.5 hours with cash in hand.

IMHO, you had your chance and blew it.

The seller wasn't exactly accomidating, but you weren't exactly a motivated buyer either. Point fingers all you want.
RockinOldSchool
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 19 2006, 07:53 PM) *

Ok, who was the scurvy devil? 2.5hrs away must be someone in the Seattle area???

Well B-ham to Puyallup only takes me 2 hours average. So I'm guessing it was probably around Olympia. Assuming that it was 2.5 hours south.

kdfoust
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 19 2006, 09:09 PM) *

Of course, sometimes it's not a lie. rolleyes.gif

If you see a great deal, you got to make it happen. Drive the 2.5 hours with cash in hand.

IMHO, you had your chance and blew it.

The seller wasn't exactly accomidating, but you weren't exactly a motivated buyer either. Point fingers all you want.

agree.gif

Being in a build stage on my car right now and buying and selling quite a few things I can say is all my ads get this verbage for the reason that this thread was started.

Later,
Kevin
=============

PART selling terms
After some recent experiences I'm putting some completely unreasonable and burdensome terms in fine print:
  1. Cash is king.
  2. The early bird gets the worm.
  3. I'm not a professional parts dealer nor do I play one on TV. The use for these parts is based upon either: 2a) what the seller told me or 2b) what the packaging said the part is for. I don't know if a part will also work on your rare 541 spyder kit.
  4. I don't do layway. I was already laying the parts away before I put them up for sale. I want to get rid of them. Quickly.
  5. In general I'm open to interesting, unusual, or even useful trades. I won't take small animals or fish in trade but I might accept other potential foodstuffs.
  6. Everything is OBO. I love a good negotiation. See term 8 before getting too carried away with this one.
  7. I will give the parts to the first person to come up with the money no matter how long we negotiate or how many times we PM or email about a part.
  8. I will not sell my precious parts to jerks (or buy from them for that matter). If you are one you may or may not be realize it. Ask your "friends" as a test.
  9. If I say we "have a deal" or some other phrase meaning the same thing and if you mess around too long before sending money...see term 7.
  10. Cash is king.
Dr Evil
av-943.gif
PORobinSCHE
i can relate also. iwas the first caller for a 73 914 . hadn't run in 3yrs and the owner was ready to move it. i made three calls and was ready to drive 45 minutes to his home that saturday, ready to buy!
well, he was late returning my call. again i called sunday, late in the day i got a return, so i tried for a monday evening appointment. he couldn't due to a rar work comitment. so we made a tuesday appointment, with me calling tues afternoon to confirm/remind.
when i arrive there's already a buyer there! at no point did he even mention another buyer. so i was out of the loop. two days later the buyer calls and offers me the car at an inflated price,because he got it running and made the lights work and bought an $18 tire.
yeah, i can relate....... alfred.gif
Joe Bob
Paypal can be your friend.....small deposit and boom, you have a case. As a seller AND a buyer I've BTDT....cash deposits talks....bullshit walks....had too many people tell me they on the way and then flake.

IF someone hosed me AFTER he had a deposit....I would crush his testicles....
alpha434
I like MikeZ's approach. But hell. We're all men here (for the most part.) Why can't we all just be strait with each other. If the seller got offered more money, then it would at VERY least be fair that he says strait out as such. This will give you a chance to counter offer if the part is still worth it. Meanwhile, it would maximize his profit on the product.

But mike is smart. Legally lock that son-of-a into the deal, so that he can't screw you around.
Root_Werks
Hi Bill, haven't heard from you in a little while. Sorry to hear about the bad deal. You gotta swing down sometime and catch one of the "teener Tuesdays" with the locals. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.