Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monterey Historics(a few pic's)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dekman
Enjoy................... biggrin.gif
dekman
a couple more........... cool_shades.gif
dekman
and the end....... bootyshake.gif
tesserra
Why does the silver 914 have a raised hood?

Fiberglassers gone wild?
race914
Thanks for the pics!

Really wanted to go but was over at Buttonwillow testing the 914 for the "Poor Man's Monterey Historics" (Sept SCCA Laguns Seca Vintage) biggrin.gif

Anymore pics of the silver 914?
dekman
Silver race car or the V-8 car? So one of each: the raised hood looks Chevy-like to me....ventilation?...looks? One inside shot of the "22" car. Would of loved to have been "on track" with my car at the Historics...... drooley.gif
Bleyseng
WTF is the silver car sitting so high?? V8's oil pan is too low?

Nice twin tips like a bug.... barf.gif
sixnotfour
The Toyota was trying to set fast lap record. Heard over the cell phone it was sweet.
dekman
A few more.....F1 bye1.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 20 2006, 01:55 PM) *

The Toyota was trying to set fast lap record. Heard over the cell phone it was sweet.

The Toyota set a new course record today, TWICE. It was something like 1:06. with an average speed of @121. mph.
Michael N
First time to the Historics, there were more cars than I anticipated. Lots of fun and lots of action.
drewvw

wow....I'm blown away by that original 550!
Michael N
wub.gif
turboman808
The silver 914 has some interesting work. Some is really nice some sorta tacky but well done.

Now the Indian is my kinda bike biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
roadster fan
a few more...
roadster fan
more...
roadster fan
and more...
roadster fan
and the last
byndbad914
wow -glad I hit this thread for 2 reasons

1. I thought about putting a cowl hood scoop on my V8 tube car to help vent the radiator in a more aerodynamic way, but wondered what it would look like. I intend to paint silver, so right on! Looks kinda south-of-the-border as I suspected tho' idea.gif

2. My friend's old Mustang I got to race at Willow Springs back in the mid-90. I had a 70 fastback and was always drag racing it. Met him at a huge Ford show and he said "one lap on a road course and you will never drag again". I went to Willow to watch him with the cobra club and he asked if I wanted to drive it.

What kind of question is that - do I want to drive it, of course I want to drive it. It's like asking if I want free pie and chips... (I love that Geico ad apparently)

Anyway, I never drag raced again! He sold it due to some "employment issues" back in the 90s, got a Pantera he let me rip thru the Santiago Canyon with (I hit a dip hard and ripped the front valence up - he yelled Go Go Go after I hit the brake and started apologizing - true hard-core guy!)

Anyway, good memories to brighten up my Monday!!

Miss driving that car...
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.