Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 mechanic in Sikiyou county, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
As I mentioned in my Parade write-up, My Attorney and I stopped in Dunsmuir CA. We came back from coffee and wandering around (and letting my car cool off) to find a note on the windshield from a local guy who also has an Olympic Blue 914. He was looking for resources in the area, specifically a mechanic. I told him that I'd ask around, but I don't have any contacts up there.

So, does anyone know of any good 914 mechanics in the far north of California's Central Valley?

--DD
Randal
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 20 2006, 12:50 PM) *

As I mentioned in my Parade write-up, My Attorney and I stopped in Dunsmuir CA. We came back from coffee and wandering around (and letting my car cool off) to find a note on the windshield from a local guy who also has an Olympic Blue 914. He was looking for resources in the area, specifically a mechanic. I told him that I'd ask around, but I don't have any contacts up there.

So, does anyone know of any good 914 mechanics in the far north of California's Central Valley?

--DD

There is one good mechanic in Dunsmuir. I can't remember his name, but he is located on the road out of town (heading South) on the right side about a half mile from the freeway on-ramp.

Mount Shasta as a couple of mechanics, but you have to make an appointment to get in in the summer. They all seemed pretty arrogant.

The only other suggestion is to stop by Ted Fly shop and talk to Steve Bertrand. Steve is a fly fishing guide, but also a very smart guy who knows where to go up there for work of any kind.

Dave_Darling
Thanks! I'll let my new "friend" know!

--DD
Porsche Rescue
A long shot and 83 miles north, but there is an import repair shop here in Ashland, Hanks Foreign Auto, which is full of old air cooled VW's. It will by my first try if I need 914 work I can't handle myself. However, Dunsmuir is only 53 miles from Redding where there should be a decent shop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.