Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fiberglass fenders and quarter panels - stock look
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jamara
I am looking for some replacement panels for my very wavy teener. The body just has that wavy look up and down the sides that drives me nuts. It looks great in the shade. I am sure many of you know what I am talking about. So, time for hours and hours of body work. Here's the thing, I was thinking I would like to go with fiberglass (purist should shut your ears, cover your eyes, or whatever you need to do) and lighten the load whilst eliminating the need for all that crazy mind (and body) numbing sanding. However, all I can find is the fiberglass GT flares(see pics from the Rennspeed sight). Does anyone make the exact same type of replacement panels, only without flares, for a stock apperance? I have "googled" this and looked at all the big suppliers, but I can't find anyone who does. Suggestions?

Thanks!

James

IPB Image
IPB Image
URY914
They have been avaible in the past. My front fenders stated out as 'stock" f/g pieces. I got them from tweeks about 4 years ago. They were actually made by a fiberglass company that made Corvette parts. I'll do a search to see if I can find the post.

I'll be right back...Paul
URY914
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...p;p=&#entry

Here is the thread.

Paul
Mike T
Steve Limbert at Aircooled racing located in Southern PA had an assortment of stock look fiberglass at Hershy a few years ago. I bought a race weight rear decklid and it has held up well. He had front and rear fenders there.

Mike T
jamara
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated! I contacted all three of these sources. Tweeks said they didn't have much left for the 914. They refered me to their website, which did not, in fact, have much for the 914. They did have a really good deal on a replacement floor pan and longs that I am considering. No body panels of any sort, though.

ACI has not gotten back to me, but their website has nothing but Vette stuff, so I wonder if they have completely sold out to the Vette. Like it or not, at the very least the Vette is a bigger money maker. That is always annoying, but I suppose people have to make a living.

Lastly, I have been dialoging with Aircooled Racing via email, but the fact that they won't quote me a price over email indicates they probably don't have the stuff in stock. I suspect they might be able to make a one-off, but that means mo money! They want me to call, instead.

So, I think I will contact the boys at Auto Atlanta. They don't have the body panels I want on their website, but they do suggest that in this case a person contact them directly. I will do just that. Maybe they know were I could get them.

Again, many thanks for your input!

James
Jeroen
I'd give Air Cooled Racing a call
Not every company out there is internet happy
Even if they have a website, some still rather talk to their customers

Beware of AA...
bernbomb914
give rennspeed a try they are on the internet
URY914
Call Steve at Aircooled Racing. He sold me my f/g hood and he told me he has someone make them for him. He is a nuts and bolts guy not a f/g man.

JPB
First look at the costs and compare bro. Did ya look at the Sheradon FG parts? drooley.gif Another avenue is to go Carbon Fiber; Gt Racing ya!!. If your gonna do it, do it big gro!! I'm on a CF craze and can't get enough!!! Lots of trick parts out there, don't miss out.

beer.gif MMMmmm CF goodness.
jamara
Oh, I would definately love to do Carbon Fiber. My brother is a 3D design artist and we have some interesting ideas in the works for CF. Ultimately, I would prefer to do the hood and decklid this way, and probably the dash and center console. At the same time, if I could manufacture/source some CF and colored Kevlar panels, I think I could do the whole car in CF/Kevlar and get some stunning results. But then reality sets in and I am reminded of how much work and money that would take. Really, I think the practical thing to do is just find some Fiberglass fenders and quarterpanels.

As for Sheradon FG, do you know their contact info or where I could get their number? Thanks!
race914
QUOTE(jamara @ Aug 28 2006, 05:45 PM) *

Oh, I would definately love to do Carbon Fiber. My brother is a 3D design artist and we have some interesting ideas in the works for CF. Ultimately, I would prefer to do the hood and decklid this way, and probably the dash and center console. At the same time, if I could manufacture/source some CF and colored Kevlar panels, I think I could do the whole car in CF/Kevlar and get some stunning results. But then reality sets in and I am reminded of how much work and money that would take. Really, I think the practical thing to do is just find some Fiberglass fenders and quarterpanels.

As for Sheradon FG, do you know their contact info or where I could get their number? Thanks!

Here ya go! Sheridan Motorsports
Mueller
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 22 2006, 06:31 PM) *

First look at the costs and compare bro. Did ya look at the Sheradon FG parts? drooley.gif Another avenue is to go Carbon Fiber; Gt Racing ya!!. If your gonna do it, do it big gro!! I'm on a CF craze and can't get enough!!! Lots of trick parts out there, don't miss out.

beer.gif MMMmmm CF goodness.

why recommend Sheridan FLARES when the guy is looking for stock looking fenders????.. screwy.gif

'glass fenders are going to be a lot of work, they don't bolt on at all, and they will be far from perfectly straight without a bunch of work....

URY914
How did you go from wanting "stock" f/g quater panels to Sheridan bodywork? WTF.gif

They are about at the opposite ends of the scale.
JPB
Touchy touchy.. yall spank me aowww. I guess I love the Sheridan stuff and had to pervert him ASAP. Isn't that what we do here? Pervert?LOL Stock is great in it's own right and should be considered the best avenue because I didn't go stock and wish otherwise now. I guess the compultion to go wild is everpresent no thanks to others posting some hot pics of cars and great conversions and a kind of addictive compultion on my end. Now I wish I had as close to an original as I had with all the chrome and steel wheels like the way mine was when purchased.

:beer1:Yes its a little blink.gif I admit.
Mike T
QUOTE(jamara @ Aug 22 2006, 10:10 AM) *

Lastly, I have been dialoging with Aircooled Racing via email, but the fact that they won't quote me a price over email indicates they probably don't have the stuff in stock. I suspect they might be able to make a one-off, but that means mo money! They want me to call, instead.

James

Steve at Aircooled Racing gave me the same treatment, (although he did quote a price for the deck lid I bought.) One line reply's a day's wait between responses. But He delivered me a good product for a good price. Very personable guy too. Listened to all my drivel and talked 914's.

Mike T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.