Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Bay Breakfast - 09/23/2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, it's time to have another Tampa Bay breakfast..... Hopefully the hot summer is finally over her in central Florida ...

Offical time is Sat, Sep. 23 at 9:14 am .......... Place, Cracker Barrel off of I-4, exit 10, north side

I'll update this with the list of attendees, so if you're interested, please post.

BTW, you don't have to drive your teener, just show up and we'll talk cars.

Please let me know the names in your party....

Attendees:
Rob and Robin (watsonrx13)
Bob (hotdgr)
Robin (PORobinSCHE)
Paul (URY914)
Roy (Rouser)
Eric (Pudge)
Glen and Jackie (Greyhound)
Ed (Fat73)
Kevin (KevinP)
Mike (Mike43135)

-- Rob
PORobinSCHE
greeting,

if the 914 floors are done and road-worthy i'll drive that down from O-town. if not expect the 944. unless of course it's a cool,crisp fall morning ,then maybe the BMW R1100RT.......ahhhh what to drive/ride bootyshake.gif
watsonrx13
Robin, look forward to meeting you....

-- Rob
URY914
I'll be there.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 21 2006, 08:25 AM) *

I'll be there.

Thanks Paul, I'll put you on the list...

-- Rob
Rouser
I'll be able to attend.
Pudge
I'll be there
watsonrx13
Roy and Eric, look forward to seeing both of you...

-- Rob
watsonrx13
Glen (Greyhound) and Jackie have RSVP, see you guys there.... chowtime.gif

-- Rob
fat73
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Aug 20 2006, 02:03 PM) *

Well, it's time to have another Tampa Bay breakfast..... Hopefully the hot summer is finally over her in central Florida ...

Offical time is Sat, Sep. 23 at 9:14 am .......... Place, Cracker Barrel off of I-4, exit 10, north side

I'll update this with the list of attendees, so if you're interested, please post.

BTW, you don't have to drive your teener, just show up and we'll talk cars.

Please let me know the names in your party....

Attendees:
Rob and Robin (watsonrx13)
Bob (hotdgr)
Robin (PORobinSCHE)
Paul (URY914)
Roy (Rouser)
Eric (Pudge)
Glen and Jackie (Greyhound)

-- Rob

I hope to be there with the Subie Conversion
Ed (fat73)
watsonrx13
Ed, look forward to meeting you and seeing your subie conversion...

-- Rob
watsonrx13
4 week icon_bump.gif
watsonrx13
3 week icon_bump.gif
KevinP
Rob,

Working on trying to get that day off. I'll let ya know.

KP
watsonrx13
2 week icon_bump.gif
PORobinSCHE
on another posting ,there will be a memorial gathering in Calif for James Montebello. i suggest we have a moment of silence honoring him. hopefully all the different groups(i.e. Red Rocks) that will be gathering the same weekend,will do something similar.

R
Mike431635
Add me to the list, I've worked with Ed on his 914 restore and conversion every step of the way. I'll be there unless of course he brings his wife.

Mike is the name (obvious)
PORobinSCHE
yes, i am still planning on showing up. clap56.gif just want to be clear on the 'barrel' is that the one just outside lakeland? or is there a newer one near Tampa ? haven't been that way in appx 8 months. driving.gif

best to all

robin
URY914
It is just before the I-75 interchange. The huge RV SuperMegaWorld is at the same exit. There is also Gator Ford just before the exit ramp.

It is county road 579.
PORobinSCHE
rocking nana.gif ok i know right where you talkin' about.
driving.gif
watsonrx13
2 day icon_bump.gif
fat73
It's gonna be tight for me to get the W9R1 there, but we're trying. The conversion is almost finished. biggrin.gif Engine's in, and in the last couple of days we've mounted the 500hp axles, fabricated the shifter bar tonight (apita) . Tomorrow is mating the subie and 914 accelerator cables, fuel lines, minor wiring, plug in the harness, add fluids, get out the fire extinguisher, roll it outside, hit the key and pray pray.gif .....alot.

Ed
watsonrx13
We're all pulling for you Ed... good luck and we'll see you at the TBB....

-- Rob
PORobinSCHE
hello

thank you to all the Tampa area 'Teeners". i thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast and the freindship you all extended me. i look forward to the next get-together!

to paul. thank you for the deal on the parts.excellent Auto X car! beer.gif

to eric, i can't wait to get my hands on that front bumper assy. beerchug.gif

to rob, great host! clap56.gif

best to all

Robin
fat73
Sorry I couldn't make it with the W9R1 guys. We were just a couple of days short of being done I guess. Right now we're working on the final assembly of the harness to the engine. We're gonna turn it over a few times to bring the oil pressure up before we give it some fuel. Then it's add the H20, and dead dinosaur juice, build up alot of courage andhit the key. It's gonna make some noise (no muffler yet). Wish us luck. We'll definitely make the next breakfast in what should be a very interesting ride.

Ed aka W9R1 (1973 914 + 2003 WRX engine)
PORobinSCHE
pictures
PORobinSCHE
a few more pictures
Rouser
Some more pics ...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Rouser
And some more ...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Rouser
And again ...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Rouser
And finally ...

Click to view attachment
fat73
WHEN's the next breakfast.....'cause it's ALIVE.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=77...10169&hl=en

Ed aka W9R1
PORobinSCHE
QUOTE(fat73 @ Oct 5 2006, 10:53 AM) *

WHEN's the next breakfast.....'cause it's ALIVE.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=77...10169&hl=en

Ed aka W9R1

Ed sounds wicked good!! biggrin.gif . maybe my 71 will be road worthy soon also.
Robin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.