Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: @#$%&**@#%#$ Internet Connection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
3 minutes 10 seconds to go in the auction, I'm sitting patiently waiting for the last 10 seconds to snipe this car and BLAMO my Internet connection goes down for about 5 mintues. My max was over $300 more than the car went for.
914 Newmarket Ontario
I had a few choice words for the poor girl at my ISP help line to pass onto her Customer Service rep. I told her I knew it wasn't her fault but MAN was I PISSED.
Parts cars are so hard to find up here and this one came with 2 sets of nice wheels.
MAN am I PISSED at Persona Internet.
That will teach me for not using a sniping service!! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Joe Bob
Oh, well.....get the eSnipe program........or bid higher next time.....

What's your price range and what are you looking for? I pick them up on occasion and can arrange shipping. I sent two to Germany this year....

Geez, THAT was cheap......shoulda bid higher.
tracks914
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 20 2006, 02:34 PM) *

Oh, well.....get the eSnipe program........or bid higher next time.....

What's your price range and what are you looking for? I pick them up on occasion and can arrange shipping. I sent two to Germany this year....

Geez, THAT was cheap......shoulda bid higher.

I didn't even put in a bid but I was ready to snipe in the last 10 seconds @ $1000.
Joe Bob
Well the winning bidder came in at 9 seconds left....his highest bid COULD have been higher than yours....but he only needed to be higher than 700.

But geez, even at 1,000.00 that was a deal.

As to esnipe....it's a pay for use program that comes in at like 3 seconds left....no human error.
JPB
Wow bummer. If it makes ya feel better, I have never won a single bidding war on ebay fro the last two years and won't even bid on things unless it is "buy now". If someone is not having any bids on an item, I would email them to see if they can take Xdollars right now for it. Thats how I shop on ebay.

beer.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 20 2006, 03:10 PM) *

Well the winning bidder came in at 9 seconds left....his highest bid COULD have been higher than yours....but he only needed to be higher than 700.

But geez, even at 1,000.00 that was a deal.

As to esnipe....it's a pay for use program that comes in at like 3 seconds left....no human error.

I've used Auction Sniper in the past and I went to use it today (15 minutes to go) but they said they need my credit card number again to reuse it. I thought it was suspisous so I just thought I would snipe it the old fasioned way. That sucks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.