Be thrilled to have the timing advanced set
at his shop and be able to just drop it in and
go. Anyone....
bd1308
yeah he curves them IIRC

Good dizzy
Aaron Cox
two choices...

you can buy it already set up (springs changed and intial and final advannces set) from jake for X...

or you can buy it cheap from centuryperformance.com, and buy the advance change kit yourself (30 bucks).... and save a little cash

either way you go. you will be happy.

jake is the easiest. just write the check.
Mueller
Like mentioned before, he can set the advance curve...

when it comes to proper timing, only you can set the timing with a timing light...so, the distributor is not truely drop-and-go...
Joe Ricard
Just send Jake the specs of your car and motor in the comments section of the order form. He did me right, made my fast car even faster.
Jake Raby
These distributors that I sell are not set up specifically for a given engine. They are however set up with the settings that I have found most correct for a vast number of stock and higher performance TIV engines.

BTW- what I give for generic enhancements to the dizzies is n ot what I actually set them up with in the store.

We now set up each dizzy in a running engine on the dyno. We had a rash of bad dizzies and a few that would not hold their settings so I decided to go up 10 bucks on the price of each dizzy and actually run them in real time, set them the way we want and then rebox them to be sold. This removes any and all guesswork to the integrity of the electronics, or our settings when they leave the store shelves.

Yes, you can buy the dizzy cheaper in about every other outlet, but it won't come set up and it won't come from someone that understands this dizzy better in this particular engine than anyone else, even the Mfr!

If you do buy it somewhere else be ready to spend at least a full afternoon trying to get it close to what it can be installed with from my store. Drop it in, drive away- is that worth an extra 100 bucks? To some it's not, but to others it's worth double that.
Flycut
I'm Sold! Definetly worth the extra 100 bucks to have it set up and ready to drop in. Jake Raby I'm curious as to the differences in advance/RPM with the 009 and the unilite dizzy
Jake Raby
QUOTE(Flycut @ Aug 20 2006, 11:34 PM) *

I'm Sold! Definetly worth the extra 100 bucks to have it set up and ready to drop in. Jake Raby I'm curious as to the differences in advance/RPM with the 009 and the unilite dizzy

The main difference is the Unilite can be altered advance wise in about 3 minutes! The 009 takes 4 hours to make ONE change!

The actual advance numbers are proprietary and not shared.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.