Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: made a air dam with wall mplding today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Used my extra spoiler and put the wall edging on it and it goes down close to and extra 2 inches. I'll have to try it out when I get my new bumpers on next week. Not sure how well linoleum holds up to scraping the ground. Oh well I had the spoiler, I had the siding, I had the rivets and I had free time so nothing to lose I guess.

Need a new rivet gun though. Mine broke on the last rivet so the metal rod is still sticking out the side.
alpha434
Dude. Pics. Jeeze.
db9146
That's a mod I've seen before applied to the front spoiler and the rocker panels when a car is really low, to keep air out from under the car.

yea, let's see some pics.
Trekkor
Sweeper part deux...chairfall.gif

Let's see the pics!! clap56.gif

KT
turboman808
I got no bumpers right now so it's just laying on the ground. Not that pretty of a pictue smile.gif
ChrisFoley
Cove base isn't really stiff enough to resist the force of air pushing on it at even moderately fast speeds. I used that material for years on my race car's airdam but had to back it up with some aluminum to keep it from folding under on the straights. It also doesn't stand up to abrasion along the bottom edge too well.
... but it does look good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.