Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Guru's....what brake rotor do I have?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
My track car has C4 calipers in the front (or at least uses C4 pads). I would like to confirm what rotors are on the car. As you can see from the picture the hub bolts to the rotor.

Anyone know what I have or how I can tell?

Thanks,

Bill P.
Eric_Shea
Looks to be the appropriate rotor for that (C4) setup. They "could" be off a Turbo-Look car or 965 351 043 00 (left) and 965 351 044 00 (right) but I doubt it. Chances are they are the 964 part (1/2 the price). Pricey either way... (you better hope they're not the Turbo's) I'm not a late model expert but I believe that model range the turbo's were floaters, hence double the price.
Jeroen
how are your calipers mounted?
do they use adaptors or are the mountingholes on the caliper enlarged?

chances that these are standard Porsche rotors are pretty slim...

early 930 (78-80 IIRC) rotors were floaters
but AFAIK any turbo rotor is too big to fit inside a C4 caliper
Eric_Shea
but AFAIK any turbo rotor is too big to fit inside a C4 caliper

Cars of that era could have a Turbo Look option and they would get everything; rotors and calipers.
nine14cats
Thanks for the info Eric!

I'll look at the rotors and brakes in more detail this weekend. If you don't mind I'll post more pictures and hopefully you can help me ID the SOB's. The car is back in the trailer in storage untill this weekend.

Thanks for the help!

Bill P.
Mueller
I would think that there might be some part numbers cast into the rotor, perhaps on the OD of it????
Jeroen
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 21 2006, 11:19 PM) *
Cars of that era could have a Turbo Look option and they would get everything; rotors and calipers.

yep, a turbo look model (through '89) would have turbo (930) suspension/brakes
but these are not 930 calipers, they are later (post '89) and AFAIK, those don't mix with 930 rotors

check this page for brake dimensions
http://www.pelicanparts.com/MotorCity/wmv/brakes.htm

930 rotors are 304mm dia and 32mm thick

964 rotors are 298mm dia and 28mm thick

so since you have (what appear to be) 964 calipers, those are most definately not 930 rotors...

I think your best bet would be to measure the rotor (dia, thickness and bolt patern/offset of the bell) and check with Coleman
(you only need the rotor, not a new bell)
Eric_Shea
or at least uses C4 pads

Missed that part. Indeed, as suspected I would guess 964 351 041 02
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.