Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Three in one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Know it shows me as a 'senior' member but think that is more of a reference to my age. Have owned a 914 2.0 FI 'stock improved' since July and have some newbie questions.

1. Tire pressure. 205/50/15 Toyo Proxes RA1 on Fuchs. TP for track? Canyon driving?

2. Car pulls cleanly from 2500 to redline, but no real coming on the cam feeling. I seem to go faster short shifting to take advantage of torque curve. Is this normal? Any easy way to trade a bit of low end for more action up higher?

3. Lots of members in SoCal. Why don't we get together once a month or so for an early morning 'tour' and breakfast. Realize this would violate the rules of no meetings, no dues, no organization, but we could send pictures to the folks in snow country to show them there is hope for spring. Could even invite 911 types if they drink beer.
JeffBowlsby
Howie...You just nominated yurself to be the 9:14 Breakfast chairman...for So Cal branch division of the 914 club.

Its real easy to do:

Locate a breakfast place thats easy to find, has good food and a good parking lot.

Select a date (last Saturdays of each month are good) and post it here. You will be amazed at how many great 914 people will just show up, and the new friends you will meet. Its not hard to do at all.

Do it!
GWN7
In another month, start posting pictures of teeners parked next to palm trees. I'm going to need those by then.... cute girls are optional. smile.gif
swood
Howie,
Theres a bunch of us with the sickness down here straddling the LA/OC county line. One of the first/last/most recent was across the street from my house at the donut shop and everyone (but me cause I suck and my car is in pieces still) went to bk downt the street.

I've seen three diff '14s in the last three days around town. One in west LA-faded orange with grey trunk; one dark orange early cruising eastbound on slausen in culver city today at lunchtime; forgot the other.

I think that more have their '14s on jackstands than run em. Or is that just me (2).
mueba.gif
Howard
bowlsby,

Howie, my ass. Howie drives an 'effin Buick, not a sports car. Will forgive you this time, and set a date for November. Last weekend is out since it's T'giving. How far north do we have to go to get you to join us?

GWN7,

Nice avatar, have you seen a city squirrel?
GWN7
LOL Nice squirrel. He from East LA?

I wanted mine with his arm out so I could put a jar of Skippy under it, but my buddy dosen't do that.

I went out to the back yard and there were 3 squirrels running around my apple tree, making a heck of a racket. Next day I go out and he's in the pool. Not sure if he was the bf squirrel of the husband one. I guess I should have called Squirrel CSI to investagate.......
JeffBowlsby
Howard...my sincerest of apologies...it wont happen again. wink.gif

We dont hold the 9:14 breakfast here in Nov+Dec just because of the holidays...we should be with our families...this Saturday is our last one for 2003 actually.

As far as us making it down there anytime soon...its kind of a long drive dontcha think? But dont let that stop you from holding one without us. We have had 914 folks from as far awaya as Modesto and even Fresno come to ours...

There is always Cambria next year... cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.