Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914: Twin plug kit for $850 article
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Also found in my new stash of old papers
Mueller
too bad no pictures of the modifications....

Click to view attachment

Jake Raby
This is an off the shelf offering...

IPB Image

I also have developed a twin plug dizzy for guys that don't care about direct fire, but for those that do I also have carbureted and EFI versions of DIS for the twin plug arrangement.

The benefits are HUGE, all my 105+mm bored engines get the trick and I have several Turbo power plants also running it, those that run over 14 PSI boost REALLY need it!

Cool article, I read it about 10 years ago.. My first experience with twin plugs was in 2,000 and every since then I have been working toward making them standard on all my engines. It looks like in 2007 this wil be a reality.
URY914
I've got a copy of that in my files. I can fax to someone if they need a clean copy.

Paul
thomasotten
Does that make it hard to change the plugs?
Jake Raby
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Aug 21 2006, 07:17 AM) *

Does that make it hard to change the plugs?

I include a special spanner for the lower plugs, the position for these plugs to be fit was an extensive process that sacrificed about a doen heads to make the fixturing for!

we use 10mm spark plugs from a Ducati engine, they have the proper heat range and are very small, not to mention very long living..

Aaron Cox
nice.....
bjorn jacobson
Good stuff! Thanks for posting the article. I'll have to reread the Excellence article with the twin plug 912.
Brian Mifsud
Twin plug heads for Moto Guzzis (hemi air cooled) usa a little iddy bitty chainsaw sparkplug to keep the hole in the head small....
turboman808
SO I could possibly twin plug my 2.7 and then turbo it. idea.gif

That would either explode or be one hell of a scary ass ride!!!!
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 21 2006, 04:06 AM) *

This is an off the shelf offering...

I also have developed a twin plug dizzy for guys that don't care about direct fire, but for those that do I also have carbureted and EFI versions of DIS for the twin plug arrangement.

The benefits are HUGE, all my 105+mm bored engines get the trick and I have several Turbo power plants also running it, those that run over 14 PSI boost REALLY need it!

Cool article, I read it about 10 years ago.. My first experience with twin plugs was in 2,000 and every since then I have been working toward making them standard on all my engines. It looks like in 2007 this wil be a reality.

Really damn cool, Jake. Nice work beer.gif
Jake Raby
Thanks.. I am now working with a 2.7L EFI/intercooled/Turbo /Twin plugged/ Roller cammed beast that should make 600 usable ponies below 6,000 RPM..

It belongs in "Herbie ExtremeII" and is being taken very seriously....You'll be hearing a lot more about this one-
jim_hoyland
Out of curiousity: Are there any twin plug 4's around today ? Saw a twin plug 912 at their monthly gathering in Seal Beach recently.
Jake Raby
I have done three in the past 6 months and have 6 more in the works.

Here is the results of one- it was less than 2.4L

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.