Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got two Cardex's (COAs) Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Do we have a bored smiley? dry.gif

Many moons ago, I ordered a Cardex for the Bumblebee. It was about 60 bucks, and after I called and asked them to correct it, it wasn't too bad. It authenticated the car as an LE, which was what I wanted.

So, I ordered two more Cardexes about 3 weeks ago, both for the Aubergine car and the 914/6. I recognize that our cars are starting to push 40 years old, so some of the documentation was probably lost in the sands of time.

My motivation was to be able to document the special character of the Aubergine car to my insurance company.

The good:

- PCNA customer service lady was very nice when I called her on the phone.
- Shipping was SO fast! I got them in less than 3 weeks to Egypt!
- Quality of the Cardex itself is much ebtter. The new one is a heavily laminated certificate instead of the older single sheet of paper.

The bad:

- I asked for specific information to be included: original dealer, wheel type, trim package (bumpers particularly). Not even a "info not available" was listed.

The ugly:

- On the 914/6 Cardex, the car is listed as "1970 914 2.0", rather than as a 914/6. headbang.gif

- On the Aubergine car, the comment on the paint color is "Paint to Sample/9990". bs.gif The paint to match code should have been 9810.

The unknown:

- Interestingly, the Cardex listed the interior color of the Aubergine car as other than black, but the name and color code is screwy, I think. idea.gif It's listed as "Cinnamon Leatherette/31". Can someone confirm the accuracy of that color name and code?

- Both windshields are described as "Green Graduated Tint". WTF is that? I know that OEM windshields had some tint to them, but that description sounds like a banded windshield.

Does anyone have any comments on the the unknowns or Cardex's in general?

-Rusty smoke.gif
eric914
In 1970 the only 2L option was the 6. The 2L 4 did not come out till 1973.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.