Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 Value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
namtra
Hello,

A family friend is interested in buying my dad's '72 914/6. The car has been non-op for 15 years, body is straight, everthing is there. All the rubber is probably shot and it needs a paint job. It comes with the orig 2.0litre and a 2.7litre that its been running with. The car needs TLC but has no rust...not even the battery tray. Any idea what this might be worth? I want to give my friend a fair price but not give the car away. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Part Pricer

We need more info and pics.

I'm sure that this group would want to know the VIN of a '72 914/6 as a start.

And, welcome.png
boxstr
I have sold 914-6s for $6500 to $27500. The one you are going to sell sounds more like a project 914-6. I would give it a value of $10,000 to your neighbor.
Please note I am only going by your description, no pics or actually viewing the car. It migth be worth more or less.
Craig C. Lauhglin CAMP 914
michel richard
'72 914/6 is a different animal, for sure. Very very few made. Rare, but may not be the most desirable year, because some things will be more like the /4.
Still, a /6 with a /6 VIN will be worth money, no doubt. We need more info. Condition of the cabin, condition of the rare parts: halfshafts, rear calipers, tranny etc . . .
If there really is no rust, and all the funky parts are serviceable, I would think $10K would be the low end of the range.
But that's just my own opinion.

LvSteveH
Like the others, $10k seems like the right number if it's a solid car with no major accident or rust issues.
Joe Bob
I disagree.....6-8K unless there are some significant GOOD issues. Hard to say until pics and VIN# are posted.

We have a few SD clubmembers who can drive by and give a better estimate....as well as myself since my Dad lives there.

If you have a buyer....we can help. If you are looking for a starting point to SELL...then that's a different story.

Best to get it running for best value.....eBay will get you the best price.

Selling a non running car will NOT get you the higher $$$.

You CAN sell thru this site....but we are a notorious cheap lot of scalawags.... piratenanner.gif
d7n7master
QUOTE(namtra @ Aug 21 2006, 08:18 AM) *

Hello,

A family friend is interested in buying my dad's '72 914/6. The car has been non-op for 15 years, body is straight, everthing is there. All the rubber is probably shot and it needs a paint job. It comes with the orig 2.0litre and a 2.7litre that its been running with. The car needs TLC but has no rust...not even the battery tray. Any idea what this might be worth? I want to give my friend a fair price but not give the car away. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

-----
Let me attempt to save your relationship with your family friend - smile.gif
Friends don't sell 914's to family friends - (you'll never hear the end of it...)
So, I should take this poor example with the shot rubber and it needs a paint job off of your hands (4 cheap) before any more damage can be done.
P.M. me - were open 'til mid-nite - or later happy11.gif

Root_Werks
I think posting at least the VIN# will help to answer the question. As far as I know, Porsche didn't import any 72 914-6's to the US. If this isn't a converted car, then it's probably worth more due to low production numbers. What was there, like less than 200 72 914-6's or something like that? confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 21 2006, 09:22 AM) *

I disagree.....

agree.gif a non-running car that has been sitting for 15 years that needs a paintjob and the rubber seal are shot ...

- the motor needs a rebuild
- brakes have to be redone, including the MC and probably the propvalve
- new tires for sure
- prep-work and paint
- new seals
- interior ?
- suspension bushings and balljoints
- shifter bushings

that's a lot of money you have to dump into the car to make it nice again when a good runner can be had for $12-$20k ...

i wouldn't pay $10k for it ...
smile.gif Andy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 21 2006, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 21 2006, 09:22 AM) *

I disagree.....

agree.gif a non-running car that has been sitting for 15 years that needs a paintjob and the rubber seal are shot ...

- the motor needs a rebuild
- brakes have to be redone, including the MC and probably the propvalve
- new tires for sure
- prep-work and paint
- new seals
- interior ?
- suspension bushings and balljoints
- shifter bushings

that's a lot of money you have to dump into the car to make it nice again when a good runner can be had for $12-$20k ...

i wouldn't pay $10k for it ...
smile.gif Andy

Any one who buys it - BRING LOTS OF MONEY AND TIME.

I passed one up last year for 7k..alll due to the fact that I don;t have enough time and too many cars as it is...
My feelings was that if I did buy it..I would most likey end up paying child support
in the future smile.gif
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 21 2006, 10:14 AM) *

I think posting at least the VIN# will help to answer the question. As far as I know, Porsche didn't import any 72 914-6's to the US. If this isn't a converted car, then it's probably worth more due to low production numbers. What was there, like less than 200 72 914-6's or something like that? confused24.gif

As I understand it no 9146s where made in 72 only the left over 71 where sold as 72. need vin to be sure. but 8-10K would be about right.
Brad Roberts
It is not a 72.

This is the same car I posted about last week. I'm picking it up tonight.

"re-read"

Maybe not: the car I'm picking up has battery tray rot and an exposed hell hole. No chassis sag however.

What are the chances of two 9146's in SD sitting??

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 21 2006, 02:34 PM) *

I'm picking it up tonight.

#5? unsure.gif
davep
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 21 2006, 01:34 PM) *

This is the same car I posted about last week. I'm picking it up tonight.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Brad Roberts
I picked up 9140431270 tonight. Last name was "Collier". The car has sat since 1986. Good solid car. Only has one repaint. The fit and alignment of the doors/hoods.. is the best I have ever seen on a 914.

Never molested with BS.. perfect porthole valence..

5 14inch Fuchs

Complete minus battery tray.

B
boxstr
So what was the price?
CCL
Brad Roberts
Now why the in hell would I share that with you?? LOL

It was purchased for resale. I dont have time/money/space for it.

It is headed for Tennessee.

Above 7k but below 10k (which is what I posted in the orginal thread)

One heat exchanger is damaged and it has rust in the upper right hand fender.

Floorpans have NO damage. No road rash.

B

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.