Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oops i did it again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
have been poking around and noticed this guy just hanging there. seems like it should be attached to something. it comes off that white wire. engine runs has high idle and has crappy power. do not have an aar . is that what this is for.
Dr Evil
Yup, pretty sure that was for your AAR. Did you need me to talk to my source for another AAR? I can ya know.
Dr Evil
Ick, dude I just want to take your FI off, sand blast and repaint the runners and all of the hardware. East coast engines with their mandatory rust just hit the OCD switch in me.
ptravnic
Dr - I went through each bolt, nut, washer when I rebuilt my engine 4yrs ago. By the next season you could barely tell... Granted, I don't baby my car so that may have something to do with it but... Drive it in the snow as an emergency once a year and you are fuched (at least if you need it to be edible clean).

Oh, and if your OCD takes hold and you are compelled feel free to spruce up my FI system while you are doing chef's... happy11.gif

-pt

Dr Evil
tongue.gif
nycchef
nobody hates that d-jet more than i do. that being said we had the aar jumped to the coil. think if i put the new one and attach it to that it will work? also can'[t seem to get any power out of the engine. can red line in first only and hard to get enough revs to make it into 4th gear. topped out at 60mph on the highway.
Leo Imperial
STOP!
nycchef
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Aug 21 2006, 11:45 AM) *

STOP!

hey leo long time......I CAAN"T STOP. i.m so close i know i'm just a couple of adjustments from being back on jack stands.
Leo Imperial
You have the ability to make a boring day more enjoyable drunk.gif

Are we on for this weekend?
nycchef
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Aug 21 2006, 11:52 AM) *

You have the ability to make a boring day more enjoyable drunk.gif

Are we on for this weekend?

far as i know yes. fri night breakdown the engine, sat rebuild. sun reinstall and hope for the best.
Dr Evil
Are you bringing your car to the thing on Sat? IF I can go I will look at it more then. If you are losing power now, and the idle is all crap then you most likely have a nice vacuum leak. I actually like D-jet quite a bit, especially on a 1.7. Yours was just neglected and messed with in bad ways. That, and I am quite certain that your engine is analogous to a senior citizen. Everytime you drive it it is like getting a piggy back ride from an 80yo biggrin.gif

Winter will yield a better engine and a happier Chef.
nycchef
analogous to a senior citizen? is that a crack about my age? and i will have you know that i only let an 80yr old piggyback me once , when i was in college, i was young and stupid, he never called me again .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.