Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How big
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
How big has anyone successfully gone while retaining the stock/tweeked 2.0 liter FI ????

Thanx
Brad Roberts
The most we have seen is 115hp at the flywheel with a header. The first time we ran it the car was fairly fresh with 3k miles on the engine. A year later it had gained 3 hp.

B
r_towle
I was talking about how big...like 2.1 2.2...etc

can you go to 2.4?
I have seen an injector for the Mercedes Benz...
It is an 8 cylinder 4.8 liter
the bosch injector would work with 2.4....4 cylinder

just wondering if it has been done ....yet....

rich
Dave_Darling
There is one local (SF Bay Area) who is running a 2.2 on D-jet. Some tweaks were required. I don't know specifics.

--DD
Alfred
You'd think that Bosch would have it on file somewhere what the d-jet can flow in CFM and what the maximum requirement of the 2.0 engine is. We 914 owners need somebody (just not AA!) to approach Bosch and Porsche and see if they can't share (or sell) some of this technical info (including the actual designs) with us. I mean it's not like they're using them anymore.

Alfred
Mueller
The factory already has given you tons of information,look at the dyno sheets published by the factory in the manual smile.gif

One just has to do the math to extract the information wanted.......it's all there.

Fuel wise, the D-Jet can handle twice or more of the displacement, the key is getting the air into the cylinders, that is where bigger throttle bodies and intake plenums come into play...but then you need bigger valves as well since that is where the restriction will be unless taken care of...

The 2.0 injectors at 100% duty cycle can flow enough for 304 hp if stretched to the limit....

Paul "Brad" Anders has done an awsome job gathering this information.

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/djetfund.htm
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm

Turbochargers have been added to stock D-Jet motors so that is proof that the D-Jet can handle a bigger displacement motor since all a turbo does is "trick" the engine into "thinking" it is bigger than it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.