Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tell me this isnt an X19 replica
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
I was looking at ebay and couldnt believe my eyes. An X19 914 replica? Tell me I'm mistaken! Oh the horror!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW
TonyAKAVW
WHOA. Check out that video screen. It looks like they took a huge chunk out of the dash to fit some ancient TV in there.

-Tony
TravisNeff
That is the elusive X-14. This design offers twice the ridicule that 914 and X19 drivers may ever encounter! clap56.gif
balljoint
I like the nose on it. :ducks:
turboman808
I didn't think it was that bad til I saw what they did to that poor dash.

Overall though excelent work.
Cap'n Krusty
Didn't we see this one last week? The TP hanging out of the butt crack gives it away ............................ The Cap'n
T wing
To bad that Kawasaki cassette deck doesn't work or I'd be all over that. . . (jk)
byndbad914
bodyman + meth binge = X-14. What I find classic is a rebuilt engine and 2qts of oil in the front trunk biggrin.gif I always carry TWO spare quarts for a rebuilt engine that only holds four...
Eric_Shea
Does the "babeage" come with it? confused24.gif
type47
yeah, but did you notice the gas filler?
East coaster
Center console is interesting...........Hey, just trying to see the silver lining in the cloud biggrin.gif
JPB
What a waste of time and money. He will never see his investment pay back; at the most 25 cents on the dollar.LOL

beer.gif Why don't they leave teeners alone and butcher Mustangs instead?
Sammy
guys guys guys, we've seen lots of the owner's cars on this board, that one on e-bay is many times better than most of them. no I don't like the dash modification but the flares look better than glued on repro 916 flares any day.
That car is clean and nice. Not perfect, but nice.
This thread reminds me of a punk kid who used to hang on the pelican board and rennlist. He was constantly putting down everyone elses car, nothing was any good. His car was a non-running, rusted out POS. I'd seen better 914s at the pick-a-part after the vultures got done with them.
I propose we make a new rule, you are not allowed to post a slam of someone else's car unless you post all the details of your car so everyone can slam it too.
Anyone who has a 914 that is absolutely perfect in every way is exempt from this rule. All in favor?
So.Cal.914
So you just place that in the cornfield and it keeps the crows away?
jonwatts
From the (small) pictures the execution of the outside looks pretty good. The rest is just personal taste.

dion9146
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Aug 21 2006, 07:37 PM) *

From the (small) pictures the execution of the outside looks pretty good. The rest is just personal taste.

I agree, some of the details look outstanding. Not my cup a tea, but at least they tried to do it with what appears to be some quality work in many places.

As the previous owner of a slant-nose 914, I've received my share of ridicule. No need to pass it on to someone else's creation....

Dion
Katmanken
Actually,

I think that guy's car is way ahead of most of us....

How many of us have a car off of jackstands?

Hpw many of us have a running engine and tranny?

How many of us have made and installed custom flares?

How many of us have finished ALL the bodwork AND a have a decent paint job?

Not to mention a lot of time consuming custom work.

Well, that means I can't compete....

IMHO, All in all, not too bad of an effort.

f I ever put my car on sale on Ebay, I'm coverig it up with a burka happy11.gif
Ken
cbenitah
Hmm.... So why did I name my Project 914 X laugh.gif
TonyAKAVW
True, its unfair to make fun of someone else's work, because in this case, we are really making fun of his taste or his sense of style. So it really is like saying "you have no taste" which is really just kind of rude. I think few people would tell someone "your car is ugly and shows that you have no taste" to their face. However, if you are in you garage with some friends and you see some tasteless car drive by, lots of people would make comments and is there really any harm done in that situation?

This part of 914world.com is called the garage and while it is in a sense a garage, there are a whole bunch of people looking and listening in to what we are saying. "Guests" as they are called here. Its as if you and a dozen friends were in your garage talking and outside there were 35 people hiding in the bushes, one of whom may be the owner of this car. Clearly no one wants to hurt anyone's feelings in this thread, or the others like it, and so I guess we just have to be a little more thoughtful when we criticize someone's work.

The unique thing about this public/private garage is that everyone decides how they act here. Some people are very outspoken in their views while others are more reserved. I personally like having the balance of assholes to nice guys that we have. It makes for an interesting environment. So I respect those who choose to openly criticize as I do those who choose to keep it to themselves.

-Tony

banksyinoz
nice paint
clean interior
good panel work (not my taste)

this car was probably done in the late 80s

M T V PIMP MY RIDE 1987 av-943.gif

seriously we shouldnt judge it , its out there and we are still in here
JPB
av-943.gif
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 21 2006, 09:58 PM) *

So you just place that in the cornfield and it keeps the crows away?

av-943.gif Good one!

Just to equalize the situation, my car is a piece of sheet metal trash, on jack stands, splatted with primer, not fit for a dog, leaking trany, leaking engin, an eye sore for the blind and ya need a tetanus shot to drive it!! I got duct tape holding my windshield in place and ya can see the por15 on the front of it on my avatar! It will be renewed, shine in its new glory and cherished once it gets all the TLC my heart can give. Sorry for being so ate up; drove it twice and fell in love.
byndbad914
QUOTE(Sammy @ Aug 21 2006, 06:54 PM) *

guys guys guys, we've seen lots of the owner's cars on this board, that one on e-bay is many times better than most of them. no I don't like the dash modification but the flares look better than glued on repro 916 flares any day.
That car is clean and nice. Not perfect, but nice.
This thread reminds me of a punk kid who used to hang on the pelican board and rennlist. He was constantly putting down everyone elses car, nothing was any good. His car was a non-running, rusted out POS. I'd seen better 914s at the pick-a-part after the vultures got done with them.
I propose we make a new rule, you are not allowed to post a slam of someone else's car unless you post all the details of your car so everyone can slam it too.
Anyone who has a 914 that is absolutely perfect in every way is exempt from this rule. All in favor?

you're kidding me, right? Mister "well you done a bunch of stuff, but it really isn't a 914 anymore". You have posted that comment (more or less) in more than a few threads, including in reference to my car.

So is that car really a 914?

You go right into people's threads and give them your opinion. Nobody is going to his ebay ad and saying this stuff - it is a totally separate forum talking about a publicly posted car ad. It is okay to really like it, like it, not like it and so forth.

You can polish a turd all you want, it is still a turd, just smeared around to a nice smooth finish... I think it is a turd, he think it is a golden trophy. Both are right. Cars are personal opinion.

So, when you go to look for a 914, you buy it based on the amazingly solid bodywork the person did to making it look not a 914 then? confused24.gif

Look, my car is a hacked, hacked, hacked loose interpretation of a 914. If you don't like it, that is fine. If nobody likes it that is fine - I built it for me. It's okay to not like this car, and God forbid, even say so. Whoever built it really liked what they were doing; doesn't mean everyone should be kind and caring for their creation because they did a good job ruining the car.

And when the day comes I put mine up for sale, you can go on any forum and say you don't like it or it looks like I did my fair share of meth. Nobody here is going to the ebay ad and hammering him on his classified. That would be incredibly lame (tho' that happens on this forum's classifieds all the time between members which I don't get).

If someone really likes that car and wants to buy it, my opinion is irrelevant to that person. So, what does it matter that it was stated on a separate forum between members. There is a big difference between talking about that "outside" car on this thread and being a member on this board and questioning whether other member's cars are still really a 914.

Classic case of pot calling the kettle black wink.gif
bd1308
its nice and clean, with what appears to be very welldone seats and front end. The fuel door is something i truely long for.

I give it thumbs up.

'i'd roll it'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.