Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monterey Hysterics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
We arrived Friday morning and camped on the hill at turn 6. Excellent campsite with incredible views of the salinas Valley and a straight shot to the Rahal straight.
ppickerell
View from our campsite of the straight
ppickerell
My friend and I had a disagreement about the campsite layout.
ppickerell
So he hauled me in.
ppickerell
This almost unrecognizable 914 was a few campsites from us. It reportedly had an off early that day.
ppickerell
I am going to try for adoption into the Canepa family.
ppickerell
I mean, how many 935's can a guy drive?
ppickerell
There were spiders everywhere.
ppickerell
2nd owner since new!
ppickerell
bathtub
ppickerell
The burro
ppickerell
Just to remind you, stop at Phil's Fish market in Moss Landing on the way and buy this for your first nights dinner around the campfire. I am still burping garlic.
ppickerell
Add libations and a view and the first night after racing slides right by. EDIT: Resulting in a moderate to severe hangover Saturday.
ppickerell
Porsche paddock on Saturday after copious Mexican brakfast at camp. NICE teener. Well done.
ppickerell
Ribit!
ppickerell
Sell me this car.
ppickerell
Nice Blue 4
ppickerell
Guess what car this twin plug mill was in?
ppickerell
Sir Wang Vegan
ppickerell
Bling.
ppickerell
More canepa envy
ppickerell
9 oh whatever
ppickerell
spyder cockpit detail
BEE DRIVEN
Hey Patrick,
Thanks for posting the photos,do you have anymore views of the 550 Spyder in light blue,with yellow?
Nick
ppickerell
homo
ppickerell
9 oh whatever
ppickerell
Blue meanie
ppickerell
green weenie
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Aug 21 2006, 06:51 PM) *

9 oh whatever

The first "9 oh whatever" is actually a 356 Abarth Carrera. Aluminum body designed by Carlo Abarth on a 356 floor pan. Tasty little car, that!

--DD
ppickerell
QUOTE(BEE DRIVEN @ Aug 21 2006, 06:57 PM) *

Hey Patrick,
Thanks for posting the photos,do you have anymore views of the 550 Spyder in light blue,with yellow?
Nick

Can do.
ppickerell
The plaque for the blue spyder claimed that it was the only unrestored example in the world.

I posted only porsche pix. I shot several hundred non-porsche pics and video. Still going throught it, but what a cool car nut weekend.
BEE DRIVEN
Patrick,
Thanks for the extra photos of the 550 Spyder. This is one event that I will have to make next year.
Nick.
Brad Roberts
Patrick,

did you see a Yellow 935 there running around?

I was at WEVO last Sunday and they where thrashing to get the car together. It was an orginal that they where "race restoring" The engine was on it's way down from Oregon and arrived this past Monday before the event. I felt they where going to make it, but havent heard.

B
jimtab
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Aug 21 2006, 06:51 PM) *

9 oh whatever

Porsche-Abarth....been seeing it arounf Laguna for years....really special. smile.gif DD strickes again....that boy is FAST!
roadster fan
Brad,

Here you go.

Jim
roadster fan
nudder one.
roadster fan
or did you mean this one?
JPB
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Aug 21 2006, 09:17 PM) *

Just to remind you, stop at Phil's Fish market in Moss Landing on the way and buy this for your first nights dinner around the campfire. I am still burping garlic.

If it smells like fish, its delish, if it smells like colone, leave it alone!

beer.gif If it smells like fish, eat it!

What a bunch of sweet cars! Nice pictures bro and tasty angles. Makes me wanna get a long hooded tail dragger.
ppickerell
Pretty funny to see the Cerwin Vega 914 dicing it up with 935's.
Brad Roberts
The first yellow one!!

I stood next to it when it had NO engine/wheels/tires body work..etc!!!

They where wiring the dash and installing all the aluminum panels when I left around 3pm Sunday before last.

Very nice. It turned out well clap56.gif

The car belongs to Van Zannis. He owned the wicked Yellow and Purple "Zany One" race 930 turbo. It had purple flames and tons of purple powder coating. It was featured in Excellence magazine a few years back. He sold it and has had this original 935 stashed for several years. WEVO took over the task of restoring the car for him just a few weeks ago.

They had to have new Titanium axles made for it (dupes of the orginals).. sit down.. 15,000 dollars!!! barf.gif

B
Brad Roberts
The owner of the car is in the red/black firesuit standing next to it with several other people. He drives the Cayenne in the background. I *think* one of those guy's is the engine guy from Oregon.

I dont see Hayden or any of the WEVO crew for that fact.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.