Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Streets of Willow - Friday 9/29 & Mon 10/2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Vezna31
Leadfoot Adventures is holding track days at Streets of Willows on Friday Sept 29th and Monday October 2nd. Register before Sept 2 and you'll get in for a measely $125 for one day or $235 for both. Registration is now open at motorsportsreg.com. Here's the direct link: http://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/even...20E3108ACEE1FC2

As at all Leadfoot Adventures track days, breakfast in the morning and bottled water all day are included at no extra charge, as is instruction for all novice drivers. On Friday the course will be run in the counter-clockwise direction and on Monday it'll be reversed and run in the normal clockwise direction. There will be 3 or 4 run groups depending on how many novice, intermediate, and advanced drivers sign up. Expect to get about 2 hours of track time each day, and to leave with a big ass grin on your face. biggrin.gif

Details at www.LeadfootAdventures.com. See ya at the track!
Vezna31
Brad,

Could you nail this to the top again? Also, will you be driving/instructing again? We are thinking we will have a better turnout of drivers and instructors for this so instructors won't be having double duty like they did last event and you won't be as beat up as you were.
Vezna31
Also, for anyone interested, we are camping at a campground in Taft in between the days and that is billed as an S2000 Club of America event. We're inviting everyone though who might want to kill some time fo those that want to do both days. I'll get the details of the campground if anyone is interested.
Brad Roberts
I dont mind instructing like that. It was fun. I just like to complain smile.gif

914 people watching this:

Streets is THE place to take your 914. They do REALLY well there. We ran a one day Streets event for WCC04 and it kicked ASS. They have a skid pad where we can teach you throttle steer, and the track is fairly short so it doesnt beat on the car like a LONG fast track like Willow Springs (on 4cyl cars).

Two Thumbs up from me.

I'll try to make it at least one day. I doubt I can take off from work both days.

I need to check the POC calender and see if they are there that weekend.

B
Trekkor
I'll *try* to make Friday.

Gonna be tough though with Laguna the week before and Sears the following...

KT
Allan
This is too close by to miss.

I gotts sell some parts or something... biggrin.gif
Vezna31
The early pricing was extended to Sept 2.
race914
QUOTE(trekkor @ Aug 22 2006, 11:21 PM) *

I'll *try* to make Friday.

Gonna be tough though with Laguna the week before and Sears the following...

KT

Trekkor,

Glad to hear you are coming to the SCCA Vintage event at Laguna 9/23-24!

See you there!

Greg
race914
QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Aug 22 2006, 12:07 PM) *

Leadfoot Adventures is holding track days at Streets of Willows on Friday Sept 29th and Monday October 2nd. Register before August 28th and you'll get in for a measely $125 for one day or $235 for both. Registration is now open at motorsportsreg.com. Here's the direct link: http://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/even...20E3108ACEE1FC2

As at all Leadfoot Adventures track days, breakfast in the morning and bottled water all day are included at no extra charge, as is instruction for all novice drivers. On Friday the course will be run in the counter-clockwise direction and on Monday it'll be reversed and run in the normal clockwise direction. There will be 3 or 4 run groups depending on how many novice, intermediate, and advanced drivers sign up. Expect to get about 2 hours of track time each day, and to leave with a big ass grin on your face. biggrin.gif

Details at www.LeadfootAdventures.com. See ya at the track!

Hi Vinny,

I'll forward this to the PCA-CCCR email list again. Hopefully they'll have a few drivers that will want to participate.

I had a great time at Buttonwillow! Great event! Well Organized!

And the best news is.... my new oil cooler kept my oil temps below 220 running hard in 95 degree+ weather!

Greg
race914
QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Aug 22 2006, 12:18 PM) *

Also, for anyone interested, we are camping at a campground in Taft in between the days and that is billed as an S2000 Club of America event. We're inviting everyone though who might want to kill some time fo those that want to do both days. I'll get the details of the campground if anyone is interested.

Is this the "Taft" on Hwy 33 that I drove through on my way to Buttonwillow?
Vezna31
QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 24 2006, 11:01 AM) *

Yes, it is. It's about an hour from Streets.
race914
QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Aug 24 2006, 11:18 AM) *

QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 24 2006, 11:01 AM) *

Yes, it is. It's about an hour from Streets.

Awesome! I had no idea that Taft was that close to Willow Springs!

Also just sent your announcement to the PCA-CCCR Email list. Hopefully they'll have a few members that want to drive the Streets of Willow.

nine14cats
Hi Vinny,

I too had a great time at the event at Buttonwillow and will try to do more events with Leadfoot Adventures whenever I can. I have some friends that normally run with me at some of the other groups I run with and I'll recommend you guys to them.

One thing to add and it is not to criticize is that since you need to rely on the differnt track personnel to go over the flags at the events, I suggest you have a brief chat with them before they hold the drivers meeting and tell them to re-iterate checking your mirrors whenever you see a flag.

You're advanced group had several track veterens, but you newbie groups didn't have as much experience. As you grow bigger and bigger you'll have even more newbies running. As us track junkies run 10 to 30 times per year, we have the luxury of getting comfortable looking ahead and constantly checking our mirrors.

If a less experienced person is getting the feel for the wheel, it can sometimes get very busy in the cockpit. If the track official says "when you see the red flag, come to a stop as quickly as possible or at least slow down immediately" someone may do that and forget that another car may be behind them very close. Some of the other clubs I run with will add this statement "when you see this flag (any flag) what is the first thing you do? Answer....."Check your mirrors!"

The reason I bring this up is that I was on track recently at another groups event and there was a terrible crash where a driver checked up and another driver was driving too much between the headlights and just drove up his backside at 100MPH. Destroyed both cars. It appears that the 1st driver did check his mirrors and the accident still occurred, but you can see that there is still merit in advising people to do so.

Just my opinion.

Thanks and I'll see you guys out there again!

Bill P.
Allan
QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 24 2006, 11:36 AM) *

Awesome! I had no idea that Taft was that close to Willow Springs!

Actually it'll take closer to 2 hours to get to the track from Taft. wink.gif
SandyI
If I can get out of work, I'll be there.

FYI - POC runs their bi-annual drivers school at Streets 9/9 with a Short Track Series Event there Sunday 9/10.
Trekkor
QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 24 2006, 10:32 AM) *

Trekkor,

Glad to hear you are coming to the SCCA Vintage event at Laguna 9/23-24!

See you there!

Greg

No, I'll be at the TMR event on the 16-17th.
Ooops...

KT
Vezna31
6 people signed up so far. I believe we are ahead of the pace so far from the first event drunk.gif
Brad Roberts
I just sent this out to several more people. We should see some more signups quickly.

B
Vezna31
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 5 2006, 10:56 AM) *

I just sent this out to several more people. We should see some more signups quickly.

B

Sweet!! The current count is 9 on Friday and 2 on Monday. Hopefully, we'll get enough signups for the Monday date.

nine14cats
QUOTE(Vezna31 @ Sep 5 2006, 12:53 PM) *

B

Sweet!! The current count is 9 on Friday and 2 on Monday. Hopefully, we'll get enough signups for the Monday date.

Hi Vinny,

I forwarded the dates to some friends that I run with at other open track events. I've told them to check you guys out. It appears there is more interestest for your upcoming THill event on December 10th (I'm going to make that one), but I've asked my buddies to forward it on to people they know as well.

Sorry I can't make this event. The work schedule gets in the way of the Streets of Willow event.

I hate it that I have to work to pay for those race tires!

Bill P.
Vezna31
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Sep 5 2006, 01:52 PM) *

B

Hi Vinny,

I forwarded the dates to some friends that I run with at other open track events. I've told them to check you guys out. It appears there is more interestest for your upcoming THill event on December 10th (I'm going to make that one), but I've asked my buddies to forward it on to people they know as well.

Sorry I can't make this event. The work schedule gets in the way of the Streets of Willow event.

Bill P.

Thanks, Bill!!
Vezna31
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Sep 5 2006, 01:52 PM) *

B

Hi Vinny,

Bill P.

Thanks, Bill
Vezna31
Registration is just $135 until Sept 11. Sign up now and don't miss out on the discount!
Vezna31
We'll also be setting up a discount at a local motel, so stay tuned for details.
Vezna31
Wow...great day for signups today with 8. No 914's yet...anyone gonna make the trip?
Vezna31
WOO-HOO...up to 26 people registered with a good amount of time left. I will have motel information probably by the end of today.
Vezna31
We have hotel information. Sorry for the delay. We have a block of rooms blocked off for us at the Devonshire Inn for $69.99/night. The rooms are limited so please call ASAP to reserve yours. Make sure you tell them you are with Leadfoot Adventures.

Their info is:

2076 Rosamond Blvd,
Rosamond, CA 93560. USA.
Tel: (661) 256-3454

See you there!
Brad Roberts
Vinny,

shrink your banner and we will put it up today for you. Make it the same size as our current banners.

B
Vezna31
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 26 2006, 04:34 PM) *

Vinny,

shrink your banner and we will put it up today for you. Make it the same size as our current banners.

B

Ok...How do I do that??
Vezna31
Last day to sign up online is today until midnight for Friday's track day and Sunday at midnight for Monday's track event. You can also just show up and pay at the track. Monday has all kinds of open slots, so it will practically be an open track if you go. Hope to see some of you there.
Demick
Too bad I didn't see this sooner. The Monday track day would have been perfect for me if I had been able to plan for it. I'll bookmark the Leadfoot website for future events.

Demick
Vezna31
QUOTE(Demick @ Sep 29 2006, 11:56 AM) *

Too bad I didn't see this sooner. The Monday track day would have been perfect for me if I had been able to plan for it. I'll bookmark the Leadfoot website for future events.

Demick

Demick,

Registration is open until midnight tonight or you can show up Monday and pay cash. We have so many open slots that it is going to be like an open track. If you can swing it, join us!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.