Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-Jet problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914nerd
I have a '75 1.8 that is running the original L-Jet fuel injection system
On occasion, when I come off of fairly hard throttle, the engine drops down in rpms to below the idle speed and almost stalls out
I have only actually had it stall out once or twice this way, but I feel that it is better to fix the problem now than wait for it to become (potentially) a real problem
I would appreciate people's advice as to where to begin with fixing this problem.
Thanks,
Charles
bd1308
smile.gif

You're missing a piece arent you??

Looks like a covered dish with two pipe fittings on it?

In other words, you need a deceleration valve.

I had EXACTLY what you describe, and the fix came in this form.

b
mnementh
Charles,
I had a similar problem as well. I took the air flow meter off the car, and lubricated the pivot points of the flap inside the box. Mine was sticking, especially on the return, and that took care of the problem.
jim_hoyland
1.8 L jet has several parts that cause prblems. As Britt said, decel valve could be one.

After messing with my L-jet for the past 20+ years, I've found you have to get a vacuume reference point.

I've installed a vacuum gauge in the engine compartment and just spliced it into one ont he smaller hoses with a T.

Now, every time I make a change, I can see how it affect the vacuum. The other thing I did was to install a fuel pressure gauge, but this is not as helpful as the vac gauge.

Perhaps some others has thoughts on this too.
bd1308
The decel valve will prevent the stalling out when pushing in clutch on the highway.

The decel valve should fix your problem not add to it smile.gif

Check timing and idle when hot too.

Timing is the big thing.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.