Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Advice on what to do
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
As many of you know, I make extra money selling 914 related stuff that I've painted. Most of the time there isn't any problem. Sometimes I mess up and over promise. Rarely I have problems on the customer side.

But I have a problem now. I sold a bunch of stuff and shipped it with an invoice sometime around the third week of May. I've been told a few times that I'd be paid but haven't received a check yet. I didn't want to use Paypal because at this time I need all the money I can make. I was told a few weeks ago that they'd send out a check, but I still have nothing.

My hobby is helping to put food on the table and provide some extra income for my family. Being under employed is better than unemployed but not by much. I'm hoping this hobby will turn to a profession one day. This check that I'm missing will no longer go to the 914 hobby but to pay for an evening with my wife for our 12th anniversary... if I get paid.

Anyway, Mid May was a long time ago. What would you do if a 914Club member didn't pay you?
Jenny
Mid May was three months ago. Good Faith goes out the window after a month, I think. Have you received correspondance from them recently (within the last week) stating they paid? Our club mob mentality dictates you should out the person.

YMMV,

Jen
byndbad914
agree.gif I tend to just accept personal checks for stuff from members here and not wait until it clears, but never had a problem. But then I get complacent and assume everyone is honest, which unfortunately isn't the case.

I say contact them one more time and let them know you will out them here as "negative feedback" if they don't come forward with the money. It always amazed me in the hot rod world how many people would come to the shop I worked at, order a $5K engine, give $2K down and 6weeks later not have the rest of the money.

Did you have it 6wks ago? Why order if you didn't? You know, all those questions go through your mind. I quit that job 6yrs ago and there are still some engines there I BUILT waiting for final payment of $1K or something like that. I don't get it - sounds like you got someone with lack of planning.

May end up in the "lessons learned" mental folder - don't ship without full payment. Too many dishonest people sound honest these days. sad.gif

It just sucks because it ruins it for all of us honest folks that would find it convenient to pay with a check that won't bounce, etc. I even wait until paypal clears the funds into my checking account before shipping anymore. Frustrating, good luck and hopefully they pay up as they should.
LvSteveH
You've been more than patient. It's time for club justice. Just post the details of the transaction and the offending party, and I'm sure we can get it handled to everyone's satisfaction.
djm914-6
I won't out them yet. I was hoping for another option.

I figured good faith goes both ways. I was given somethings from them and took a month or so to pay off the balance so I figured i should do the same. I've also sent many members and non their way in the past to help build their business.
Jenny
You're a good man, David. smile.gif

Jen
PORobinSCHE
when is your anniversary? maybe as a club, we can do something for your wife.

my opinion tho, you should email the party about the payment , if no response,or payment within 5 business days,then you should out them. i wouldn't want to deal with any company that does wrong to a member. mad.gif
Allan
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Aug 23 2006, 03:14 PM) *

I didn't want to use Paypal because at this time I need all the money I can make.

Why no Paypal? It's instant money...

As far as I know the Paypal system works pretty darn well........
Bruce Allert
1st of all... I really like your avatar thumb3d.gif

2nd... send them 1 more email requesting payment and include a link to this thread...

Might just get the responce you're looking for.

Good luck David....... b
Rotary'14
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 23 2006, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Aug 23 2006, 03:14 PM) *

I didn't want to use Paypal because at this time I need all the money I can make.

There are some Paypal horror stories that can easily be found. I personally like to use PP, but I do understand why others especially vendors would be leery.

www.paypalsucks.com

-Rob
drewvw
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ Aug 23 2006, 05:42 PM) *

1st of all... I really like your avatar thumb3d.gif

2nd... send them 1 more email requesting payment and include a link to this thread...

Might just get the responce you're looking for.

Good luck David....... b

I agree...one last chance and then out with it
djm914-6
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 23 2006, 08:37 PM) *

With the account I have, they charge quite a bit of money and with almost a $400 transaction, even the smallest percentage is too much for my liking. If all else fails though, I'll use paypal.

Thank you all!
Mueller
I'd ask for the paypal fee if it'll get you paid....It is only eBay that frowns from asking for it
kdfoust
Time for a little tough love here...
chair.gif

Email and PM are for high school girls when it comes to dealing with serious situations. Same thing for "outing" on a BBS.

Be a man. Call the buyer on the phone and find out what's going on.

Good luck,
Kevin
djm914-6
QUOTE(kdfoust @ Aug 23 2006, 10:11 PM) *

Time for a little tough love here...
chair.gif
Email and PM are for high school girls when it comes to dealing with serious situations. Same thing for "outing" on a BBS.
Be a man. Call the buyer on the phone and find out what's going on.
Good luck,
Kevin

Honest. To the point. Accurate.
You are right sir. This is the answer I've been seeking. I can't believe I didn't do this first. Thank you.
djm914-6
A call was made the other day with a voice mail message left. We'll see if I get any responce. I'm starting to get really upset.
JPB
I really like your avatar and think you would remember this quote,'Do not do anything in anger for it only causes harm." You have to deal with this profesionaly so calling ten times a day should get the point across. The next thing is to let us all know who it is so we can all call also. Whats that number?

beer.gif It is a lost brother in need of tough love.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.