Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: importing a car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
Hey all. just wondering what it takes to import a car from Britain. I'm kinda bored with all the watered down garbage that they call a sports car here in the US. I want something unique. I know that it's a big hassle and would probably cost me out the yinyang, but that's about all I know about it. Anyone know know the proceedures for doing this and/or have a ballpark figure on what it would cost. This is just a hypothetical right now. I first need to get the Porsche running and get bored with it, THEN make tons of money before this happens. Fire away.
Mark D.
SGB
20 years ago I brought a German spec BMW to the states. I found a company that specializs in providing the proper DOT and EPA forms, and contracts a company with DOT approval (I didn't have to do any EPA mods bc the car was pre-1985) to install side marker lights, bumper reinforcement, side impact beams, MPH speedo, USA spec headlamps, etc. The whole deal was about $2000 (in 1986) iirc, including shipping to Norfolk.
GWN7
Start reading....

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbo...portingacar.doc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.