Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new motor build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
here are a couple of shots of the case I am going to be using for my motor build. Since I found a nice case I will not have to pull my motor for cores....I can keep running my car until the long block is completed and then pull the accessories and injection from my current motor. Car won't be down for more than one weekend this way. smile.gif
DanT
another
DanT
last one for now
type47
how are you going to build it up, that is, stock d-jet? carbed RAT monster? 1.8 L-jet biggrin.gif
nine14cats
Nice case Dan! clap56.gif

What combo did you settle on? Do you plan on a dyno session after it's done?

Curious minds want to know! burnout.gif

Bill P.
nebreitling
nice start. i'm interested in hearing more of your plans, and projected completion date!
DanT
still making final decisions. Maybe a stockish 2.0L with bumped compression and a slightly hotter cam....(one of Jake's), or a complete type iv store 2056 kit with the new LE180 heads....still making final inquiries.

I will be using the stock D-jet. If all goes according to plan...rebuild date will be dependent on when I can get the parts from Jake....
I will be picking up the case and a bunch of other parts (basically a short block and some other stuff) next week....
Then I will be calling Jake to place an order for the direction I decide on.

Depending on when I get the parts from Jake....projected finish date is somewhere around Jan '07 or sooner....I get kind of antsy once I decide to do a project and just keep working on it every spare minute until it is done....

Happened that way when I got the car back from Paint and Body earlier this year and got the car completely back together in about 2 days.
Probably could have motor rebuilt in a couple of weekends with no interuption... smile.gif

We will see....
Jake Raby
I'll be happy to help you make wise decisions!

Thats a good clean case!

GA cases have some issues that other cases do not have, some of these we have only recently discovered. They are not "downers' but they do require precision measurements to be made. we can talk offline about these or you can send me your case for inspection.

Looking forward to assisting you!
craig downs
how do you get the case so clean?
DanT
Thanks Jake. I will be getting in contact with you in the next week or two...
I plan on sending the case to Ted at German Precision once I get it home.
I will have him check everything out before I start the build...
And make any suggestions if he finds anything. Any light you can shed on this process will be greatly appreciated pray.gif
Jake Raby
I doubt Ted knows of the issues I have recently found with the GA cases. It took me 15 years to note the trend.
Bleyseng
Could you give us the lowdown or a hint??? smile.gif
Jake Raby
[url=Recent case observations]http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=102432[/url]
ppickerell
Let's see, unh, measure the oil pump housing OD and make sure that the case bore that it fits into has the proper clearance.
DanT
Jake, thanks for the heads up on the deck height. I will make sure to discuss this with Ted when I take the case to him....
I want to make sure this is a one and only one time build... smile.gif

your input is greatly appreciated and I will be getting in touch with you after I get the case home.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.