Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trip report
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
red914
caught the 5:20 ferry out of bainbridge last saturday morning, then drove across the state and into idaho. met my two friends at a golf course north of coeurd'alene at 11:30. played my first 9 holes of golf in 5 years (they call me "ol' 4 putt"), then we headed down to a boat dock near wolf lodge bay and put the boat in the water. spent saturday and sunday night in a cabin on lake coeurd'alene, and all day sunday on the lake, drifting and swimming. drove to st. maries on the st. joe river on monday to see my grandma, then headed home. hit i-5 in spokane at 3:30, and drove onto the 8:10 ferry out of seattle. and that is with a stop for fish tacos in ellensburg. top off the whole way.

on hard, sustained right hand sweepers i end up laying down a smoke screen that would make an old tin can sailor proud. dino seems to think it is valve guides. makes sense. also notices some oil spray on the under side of the rain tray, though no big puddles, just wet. used maybe 1.5 quarts of oil in 700 plus miles.

a great trip, and fun in the 914. driving it is way better than looking at it in the garage, lemmetellya. i hope no one minds me reambling about the trip; i thoght maybe some would like to hear about it. oh, between 28 and 31 mpg. not bad for a 1.7 liter with dual weber 34 icts, eh?
SGB
thanks! that was a fun read,
smile.gif
red914
QUOTE(SGB @ Aug 23 2006, 08:57 PM) *

thanks! that was a fun read,
smile.gif

it was fun! and i left out all the eating and drinking, as it had no Porsche content!
Rand
Cool. Always fun to hear a trip report!

We just got back from Grants Pass Oregon, where we did lots of drifting and swimming too. The Rogue river is great for rafting.

Also played eighteen holes.... but it was disc (frisbee) golf! laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.