Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: here what a $6,000 356 looks like
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
looks promising not!
Jeroen
what do you expect for 6K ?
tdgray
Actually... that looks like a good price for that.

Lots of parts.. pretty complete.

Definitley worth 6K

'Course you'll have to add another 50K to get it restored but that another arguement biggrin.gif
bd1308
But in the end you'll have 356.

If i had the $ id buy it.

b
nomore9one4
That looks like a pretty good project. smile.gif
bd1308
I know. I have always wanted a 356 Coupe or Speedster, but they are very pricey.

Someday.... idea.gif
drewvw

ditto...i've been scoping them out a lot lately on thesamba.com. Its annoying to have to spend 10K+ just to get started.
John
I know. I have always wanted a 356 Coupe or Speedster, but they are very pricey.

Really?

Have you driven one? They may be alright, but IMHO you can keep them.

I drove a friend's track car 356 and I wouldn't trade in a million years. How he drove that car as fast as he did is beyond me.
bd1308
Steering box?

I'd keep the 914 too. I told my girlfriend that when we get married, the car is coming too.

IronHillRestorations
Makes me feel very good about the 911 I'm selling!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=59169
eeyore
A friend is restoring four 356s concurrently -- '65 Carrera 2, '65 SC, a '59? Convertible D and an A coupe. I think he's very much past the hobby stage. He also has a running B coupe and a twin grille roadster. Oh, and a parts car or two.

I understand the allure of these cars. I love his B coupe (much more than the previous Speedster). Its a delightful little all weather car. Solid, even at 50+ years.
davep
After my first car, a 914, I picked up 2 Conv D's, a couple of A coupes and a 65 SC. Regretfully they are all gone. The 914's are far more practicle.
Porsche Rescue
This one tempted me. Sorry but I deleted the pics I had. If you are looking for a 356 project in the PNW (Spokane, WA)..................no connection. He's asking 8500.

http://www.356registry.org/MemberSwap/MemberCarsFS.html
Aaron Cox
i have a soft spot for the 356 notches... not many, and not a favorite....
ppickerell
There was a maroon 63 cab that looked like shit at the Historics with a $52K price tag.
BKLA
After having two 356's ( a '57 B Super 90 with Rudge knockoffs and '65 SC coupe) both of which I purchased and sold to help pay for my college expenses, I am glad to see that they are bringing great prices.

Although they handled and braked adequately, my '64 1098cc MG midget would wax both cars on Mullholland drive. Granted, I was more comfortable in the Porsches and even won a Santa Barbara Austin Healy Meet Rally in the SC, But I couldn't nor wouldn't spend the money now - for me, there was no passion for the car.
rwjames
I just sold my 1960 356B with a 1600 Super engine. It was fun to drive and I miss it some, but any 45 year old car will constantly need work and that car was wearing me out. Like a lot of other classic cars, they are a good investment right now as prices keep climbing.

Somebody will pay $6k for this car and be happy with it. It has a lot of work to go, but the end result should be worth the effort and money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.