Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Light Adjusting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
I need some help adjusting the height on my headlights, they are all cockeyed...
I was not able to locate anything on the search, can anyone help a bruther out?

Thanks
Eric_Shea
Two screws...

What specifically do you need to know?
Eric_Shea
You there?

Seriously, it should be the two adjustment screws. I would do this...

Take the surround off (the black or white plastic) by removing the 3 screws (1 top and two sides). These are "fun" to wiggle out but, it can be done.

Once you have that off you can better gauge the condition of your headlight mechanism. A lot of them are rusty and in need of some cleaning.

The two adjustment screws go into a nylon support piece that is loosly attached to the mechanism. Make sure they're clean and free so you can perform your adjustment.

There is a proceedure that I don't have with me. It involves your car on a flat plain, 25' from a wall where you can make adjustment tape marks. Someone could post a scan of that... it would be helpful.

Don't forget to set the "stop" mechanism before making any final adjustments. This is the large bolt/screw at the back of the bucket that determines the stop position of your lights. If your lights bounce when you hit a bump... this is out of adjustment
HarveyH
If you have E-Code lights, the procedure is here:
Daniel Stern Lighting
Harvey
mudfoot76
Does it work the same for H4 conversions the same as if one still had sealed-beam type bulbs? I have H4s, but have never needed to fiddle with them, yet...
Eric_Shea
Does it work the same for H4 conversions the same as if one still had sealed-beam type bulbs?

Yes. Same thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.