Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repairing outer door handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass
Hi,

My passenger side outer door handle is broken. It's the "mounting flap" that is cracked. I can still open it by sort of pushing the door while I pull the latch.

It looks basically like this pic from pelican: IPB Image

Do I need to replace the entire handle, or will just a "flapper" suffice?

Thanks.
ptravnic
Common problem - you'll need the part the key goes into but there's a guy somewhere on the site that repairs them. Check out the Pelican how to article - good step by step instructions.

-pt

mihai914
Click HERE it will bring you to the ressource section and more specifically the person who can repair yours I think...
BigDBass
Yeah, I was planning to follow the Pelican Parts article and fixing it myself.

I am getting a few parts from a member here and need to determine if I should get a complete used exterior door handle, or just a used "flapper". I'm not too sure what exactly the "flapper" part of it is. So, it's simply a multiple choice question! smile.gif

Thanks!
mihai914
This is the flap, no longer available from pelican.
Joe Ricard
Contact Paul (URY914)
I know he fixes them and has some because I just sent him a couple.
URY914
You have a broken mounting tab. Replacing the "flapper" won't help you. They are two different pieces.

Send it to me and I can fix it. Go to my blog for a complete story of the outside door handle.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.