Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Isn't there a Don & Glenn Swap this Sun.?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
I thought I remember reading somewhere that there was a D&G swap here in So. Cal. on Sunday. Anyone out there have the info on this, location, etc.? What about the fires? ah...fire! blink.gif
-Mike D.
seanery
HERE'S THE INFO:
-------------------------------------
It's that time of year again. Set your clocks back an hour and come out to our bi-annual All-914 swap meet and BBQ. It's recently become a tradition to hold this event on the Sunday of the time change. So come out on Sunday, Oct. 26th and bring your 914, bring parts to sell or just brouse around. Since I'm now part owner of Precision Motion, a Porsche repair shop in Riverside, that's where this event will be from now on. The address is; 1177 Ardmore St., Riverside. Phone # (909)784-0425. All else is the same; great people, lots of 914 parts and cars, coffee and donuts in the am, cheeseburgers and sausage later that morning. As usual, we're asking for a $5 donation should you partake in the food. everything else is free. No charge for swap spaces, admission, etc. Swap spaces are limited, so please either get there early and/or call me if you have a large load. We'll start around 8am and finish by 1pm. Hope to see all you regulars and lots of newbies too.
McMark
What the hell sucka! Deleting my post like a thief in the night! tongue.gif
seanery
who me? cool.gif
Mike D.
Thanks...
JeffBowlsby
Need response from someone who knows the Southland...

Will the current fires in LA be a problem for the D&G swap, or getting to/from there?
Brad Roberts
When do you want to leave Jeff ??

B
JeffBowlsby
I am driving down after lunch tomorrow in the white car...
Brad Roberts
Lyressa would blow a gasket if I went.

I cant go.. as much as I would like to. I need to make some money this weekend in the shop.

B
Aaron Cox
i havent heard of any freeway closures. what route are you coming. ?
JeffBowlsby
Haven't fully figured it out yet...

Helpful souls over on the Birdboard...have suggested alternate routes...incl the 210, which they say may be closed or clogged becasue of the fires.

I am sure I can figgur it out...
Malmz
The fires won't have any impact on driving around LA. They rarely do unless they are jumping a freeway, and that is pretty rare. The fires tend to stay in the canyons where it is a PITA to get to them.

I'll be there with the Dodge and the boys and will bring some goodies including but not limited to:

- A complete 1.7 motor with FI, heat exchangers, fuel pump, harness, etc. Everything you need. This was a non-smoking, turn the key and it starts, 1.7 that was pulled a few months ago for a V8 conversion. Looking for $500 if somebody wants to haul it home

- Rod Simpson V8 conversion kit, almost complete, used

- New Sachs pressure plate and disk, slightly used t/o bearing

- Mounting bracket and complete linkage to install a 930 trans in a 914

- Porsche logo plaques and stickers

- Pair of used Supertraps with disks

- a ton of small misc parts, bunch of freebies in there

End of D&G pre-show spam.........
markb
You might want to pick up one of Glenns t-shirts while you're there. Best silkscreen 914 shirt I've ever seen. Mark
Aaron Cox
ill be there...nothing to sell i dunt think. just goin to hangout and look at shtuuff. look forward to seeing you guys there! wavey.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
I'll be there. I got some stuff to get rid of or might just drop by and look around and see if there is something I can't live without.
Cheers, Elliot
campbellcj
Not looking like I can make this one sad.gif I just bought one of Glenn's new shirts on ebay...haven't received it yet but it looks like a winner.

The big Cucamonga/Fontana fire(s) could result in some additional freeway/road closures in the vicinity this weekend. I dunno how close they are to Glenn's new place, but anybody coming from out of the area should closely monitor the traffic news.
Malmz
Grumble, grumble, grumble... mad.gif My Dodge lost the waterpump today.

Looks like I'll be in the wifies Expo, aka the dope ride. Needless to say, I won't have the 1.7 motor with me. If anybody is interested in that in So. Cal though, I will deliver it for free once I get my waterpump in my Dakota (probably Monday).

45K original miles on my 95 Dakota.... grrrrrrrr. Great truck, no payments, but I just put a radiator in about two months ago...

sm
Andyrew
If I would have known about this EARLYER!

grumble grumble..

sad.gif
Aaron Cox
how's everyone gonna recognize each other? unsure.gif
Malmz
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 25 2003, 05:48 PM)
how's everyone gonna recognize each other? unsure.gif

Anybody w/o bunny ears isn't Zois. Does that help? laugh.gif

Hey Mikie, you out there? You going? I have an extra seat. Might only have one boy, #2 is getting kind of messed up with all this wind and smoke...
Aaron Cox
That was lots of fun. Saw and met lots of cool people. Im sure when bowlsby gets back he'll post a boatload of pics.
wink.gif MDB2.gif
Malmz
Yep, another great event, thanks Glen. Lightened up the load a bit and took home some green stuff as well as one of Glen's T-shirts (not bad even though they don't have a V8 on them!).

Good to see everybody and meet some new people.

sm
Joe Bob
Just got back from San Diego.....we got canceled due to ash.....that's a new one......took me 8 hours with only two stops athe bars and ho-houses....usually it's only finger.gif 4.....it's a SHORT subject.....

The wife and kids are still on the highway on the way back from Lancaster CA,,,,,the 126 is closed and the I5 is asshole to elbows......

Goddamned bunny ears are all full of ash....they look like Andy's and Brad's hair pieces........ bootyshake.gif
Joe Bob
But hey......I did the floor on the "guest garage".......looks like the rich folk live here now.....of course the new garage up above looks like shit with all the stuff I moved up there...... blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Pics pics pics. I want to see pics... Where is our band leader ??

B
Aaron Cox
saw bowlsby, elliot cannon, some PP guys.
(i stole this pic off PP)

mine is the closest black car in the pic.....
bernbomb914
sorry I missed it

Bernie pissoff.gif
Malmz
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Oct 27 2003, 04:53 PM)
sorry I missed it

Bernie pissoff.gif

You didn't miss much.

How they got the bikini girls to hand out the free beer I'll never know...

ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.