Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody with Experience with Falken Tires ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Specifically I am looking at the Falken Ziez ZE 512's. Found a really good price on them and never had Falken's before. These are an all-seaon high performance tire. Anybody have any experience with Falken, or more specifically these tires?
Part Pricer

Wow! Funny thing, I was talking about these tires with a business associate just yesterday.

He has these tires mounted on a WRX. He said that they were inexpensive and he got what he paid for. He noted that although they are "all season", they don't do well in temperature extremes. Particularly he mentioned that they get greasy when the outside temperature is above 80 degrees.

So, there is some second-hand anecdotal information for you.

turboman808
I had those on my celica a few years ago. They worked fine. Even did a couple of aoutxs on them. THey seemed to get tore up autoxing pretty fast but are a good everyday tire and are pretty cheap.
Pat Garvey
I've used Falkens for auto-x & daily driving (though not recently). Used them on my GTI & they stuck like.... , well they stuck & I loved them. Not great in the wear depatment, but who cares - they're inexpensive.
mrdezyne
This is my third set of Falkens. One set on a BMW E-30, a set on a E-36 M3 and this set which has yet to see pavement on my 914. So far I have loved them. Good wet weather traction, good value, decent wear. The M was lowered with some negative camber in the rear to tuck and they still seemed to wear pretty good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.