Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardL
About a year ago after this was last on, someone (was it Jon Watts?) was interested in it. It is on again on Wednesday 9/6 @ 9pm E/P on Discovery HD Theater,.

Its very well worth seeing and lots of pretty impressive video of bombs going off - pretty humbling stuff.

Just thought a heads up would be worthwhile.

Richard
Jenny
Jon, if you're interested, I bought it for Brian on DVD some time ago. You can borrow it, goofy 3D glasses and all.

Jen
drive-ability
Yes I say a PBS special it was fascinating. A part of history buried away. Strange how it's popping up now in the middle east......
phantom914
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 24 2006, 04:13 PM) *

Jon, if you're interested, I bought it for Brian on DVD some time ago. You can borrow it, goofy 3D glasses and all.

Jen

You weren't thinking of adding one of those bombs to your arsenal were you? unsure.gif

wink.gif

Andrew
Jenny
cool_shades.gif

Actually, watching all those detonations got to be a bit depressing. Y'know, after the first hour's worth of nuke footage.

Jen
jonwatts
Wow, what an impact I had on you all (pun intended) smile.gif

I bought the DVD for my brudder but I've been waiting for him to get that 50" HD plasma and invite me over to watch it.

Wish I got Discovery HD though.

Wish I got Speed Channel while I'm at it.

Thanks for remembering and for inviting the NSA to the 914club by posting this thread laugh.gif

ejm
Richard... thanks for the heads up

Trinity Ground Zero... open to the public two days a year

phantom914
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 24 2006, 11:31 PM) *

cool_shades.gif

Actually, watching all those detonations got to be a bit depressing. Y'know, after the first hour's worth of nuke footage.

Jen

Yes, even the most enjoyable things should be taken in moderation, lest you tire of them.

blink.gif

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.