Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0&category=6430

Looks like No Sale @ 13500.
That's 2 this last month..... nice 6er conversions with no buyers.
I'll prolly have to keep mine. I'll keep smash.gif on it till the market turns adound. By then, maybe I can get .35 on the dollar blink.gif
Alfred
"... making the final commpression ratio for this motor somewhere around 11/11.5 to 1. With this compression, I recommend 103 octane gas or higher".

Can you buy 103 octane pump gas in the US? I think the highest I've seen up here in Canada is 93 or so.

Alfred
joesfly
You can by it down the street from my house its about $5 a gallon.
GWN7
avaiation gas.......or add naptha to the tank smile.gif

It does get a bit tedious driving from airport to airport to fill up...other option is to get a 500 gal tank & the oil company will deliver it to your home smile.gif
Mueller
It's a good deal for 13.5 if the car is solid....

I'd twin-plug the motor...makes living with that compression a little nicer.....

IMHO, the oil-cooler could have been done a little more elegant in the front air-dam smile.gif
J P Stein
Sure, it's a fair amount of money, but.....a guy could put 5K more into it, make it what *you* want and save a bunch of money over starting from scratch.

Besides, he'll prolly take less now. <_<
fuch toy
That's what I sold my 3.0 conversion for....would buy it back if he would sell it....miss it.... unsure.gif
seanery
People need to learn how to sell cars on ebay.

He should have started the bidding at $1.
People will always bid on a cheap, cool car
with the thought of thinking "what if".

The # of bids goes up and a "feeding frenzy"
can and most often does take place.

Then this guy could probably have got a price
higher than his original first bid.

Oh well, maybe next time.
Aaron Cox
Why didn't the guy just keep it a 2.4 mfi and flycut the heads a little to bump up compression....i could do w/o the roll cage. not too bad of a car! rolleyes.gif
Porsche Rescue
Ok, JP there is life after.......The car is now on Rennlist classifieds at an asking price of $12,500. Someone who lives near an airport (fuel pump) can get a good buy!
campbellcj
I can get 76 Unleaded 100 octane right down the street too. Coincidentally they haven't (yet) raised the price from $4.25/gal. On the other hand I have seen 91 octane California swill up over $2.25/gal in Malibu. It may be even higher now; that was a week ago. Yikes.
J P Stein
QUOTE(acox914 @ Mar 2 2003, 11:09 AM)
Why didn't the guy just keep it a 2.4 mfi and flycut the heads a little to bump up compression....i could do w/o the roll cage. not too bad of a car! rolleyes.gif

A 2.5L, the way it is built, it as a killer motor.
66mm crank and 90mm pistons. Someone got a bit carried away with the compression, for a street car.
It would even be marginal with twin plugs and pump gas.

I'm not a big fan of "flycut" heads. Too many problems come along for a .5 bump in compression.

Now if I could just talk JimC into getting some 9.5 :1 pistons........that would really wake that motor up. cool_shades.gif
Porsche Rescue
If my 2.5 breaks you won't have to talk too hard....just have to teach me how to rebuild it!
J P Stein
That motor will outlive both of us....well, you for sure. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.