Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opinions of this Photoshoped mockup please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
I've never seen a 914 with design 90 wheels, and I happen to have some in my garage. So.. Long story short I mocked up my car with fg flares and the d90's. The flares are primered so I PS'd them black. I intend to do the rivet (no bondo) look.

So whats your opinion of this combination? I kinda like it.

IPB Image
Crazyhippy
It's been done... they fit under streched (alot) stock fenders.

Not my favorite look, but not bad...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

More here....

BJH
Aaron Cox
flared cars deserve nice wheels...

D90's are like sooooo 80's LOL
Mueller
they come in different sizes...I've put the 6" (front) on my car once... (wheels where chrome, car was black)...I didn't care for the look and stuck with my Phonedials...

I've seen only one other 914 with them and it happened to be a GT flared car....the rims just don't look right.....on that stock bodied car above, they look decent....
Rand
My opinion? Don't like the wheels. The flares will be cool for sure.

But since this is an opinion thing, you gotta do what YOU like.

Michael N
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 24 2006, 08:30 PM) *

agree.gif
jasons
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 24 2006, 08:30 PM) *

Yeah, I think you may be right. I scored a perfect set of d90's for my S2 and I want to keep that car pretty much bone stock so the old ones were hanging around my garage. I wanted to explore the option before they went to craigslist.

Did I mention I have these too? Woah, Custom Pedrinis that are 16's by 8's and 9's w00t.gif

IPB Image

They are the big brothers to HMeeders wheels. I got these when I planned to stay 4 lug. Then, I scored the car with the 5-Lug job on it. So my curse is, should I go back to 4 lug just to use these 1 off wheels?

I'll probably end up offing the D90's, the custom Pedrinis, and the 16" Fuchs currently on my car and dropping the wad on some 16 x7,8 Fuchs.
Rand
I'll probably end up offing the D90's, the custom Pedrinis, and the 16" Fuchs currently on my car and dropping the wad on some 16 x7,8 Fuchs.

Again, just my opinion, but I think you're on the right track there. Those custom Pedrinis are WAY COOL!! But I wouldn't go back to 4-lug.
jasons
QUOTE(Rand @ Aug 24 2006, 09:10 PM) *

Again, just my opinion, but I think you're on the right track there. Those custom Pedrinis are WAY COOL!! But I wouldn't go back to 4-lug.

It keeps me up at night. I love those pedrinis, but this car has an SC front end with new rotors all around new pads, probably new inserts, etc. I scored the car that way and I can't see going backwards.
Aaron Cox
5 lug > 4 lug

dont undo it....

sell the wheels and buy some real fuchs or some kineses/fikse/BBS etc
Aaron Cox
oh, and GT flares...

uh.. 7's fit under stock front fenders... so why bother using em with flares...

go 8's all around (and a spacer in the back) or if you can find a pair of 9's go for it smile.gif
jasons
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 25 2006, 08:38 AM) *

oh, and GT flares...

uh.. 7's fit under stock front fenders... so why bother using em with flares...

go 8's all around (and a spacer in the back) or if you can find a pair of 9's go for it smile.gif

I want to use the flares, mostly because I like the look. I never really planned on using the D90s on my 914, I just wanted to explore the possibility since I have them. They are going on CL today. The pedrinis will probably show up here in the classifieds sooner or later.

You know how sometimes when you ask a question, you already knew the answer? Thats kind of how I feel right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.