Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ansa Mufflers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aveale
Looking at an Ansa Muffler (2 tips per side (4 total)) for my 2.0l.

They any good?

What is the best one out there for everyday use?

T
bd1308
I have some..manta ones.

They work fine, sound good but rust like nothing i have ever seen.

But for the price and the sound, worth it in my book.

There are better out these, but my next one will be dual cherry bomb'd straight pipe exhaust.

b
Bill D
Had one on my 914-6 many years ago. Sounded great. Got new jets for my IDT's from Stoddard and I was set. Better quality than the ones that followed, monza... Didn't know they still made them for Porsches.
Bruce Allert
I liked the one my bro n law had on his 2 liter. Drove it on a 200 mile run & never got tired of the note. Sounded very good. Made the stock engine sound like it had MORE! and not like a tractor cool.gif (inside joke with JP in mind)

.....b
Cap'n Krusty
They're HEAVY, and they RUST! Those are the good points, IMO. The Cap'n
Bill D
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 25 2006, 10:45 AM) *

They're HEAVY, and they RUST! Those are the good points, IMO. The Cap'n

Man you are "Krusty"! (meant in a non derogatory way)

I like your valve adjusment procedure. Thanks. I'll try it on my new 4 banger this weekend.
Trekkor
I like mine. Quiet enough for Laguna at 7300rpms!

Don't all the steel exhausts rust? poke.gif

KT

blitZ
I like my Triad, comes in a single or double outlet. I got the double because it looks cool. They are nicely constructed and should last well. Supposedly, they have better flow, you might pick up a horse or two.

SirAndy
QUOTE(aveale @ Aug 25 2006, 05:25 AM) *

Looking at an Ansa Muffler (2 tips per side (4 total)) for my 2.0l.

i've got a manta (same design, different manufacturer) and i like it ...

the bursch probably gets you 1 or 2 more horses, but i always liked the 4-tip better than the 1-tip, so,
the manta has been with me for 5 years now (hey krusty wavey.gif ) ...

smile.gif Andy
Joe Bob
They rust on the shelf.....make good boat anchors....
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 25 2006, 10:53 AM) *

They rust on the shelf.....

i believe you meant "dusty", not rusty ... biggrin.gif

like i said, 5 years of use and no rust to speak of yet. that's pretty good for *any* car muffler ...
poke.gif Andy

Qball
QUOTE(blitZ @ Aug 25 2006, 09:14 AM) *

I like my Triad, comes in a single or double outlet. I got the double because it looks cool. They are nicely constructed and should last well. Supposedly, they have better flow, you might pick up a horse or two.

blitZ, Where did you buy the Triad and what coating is on the exchangers? Me likey..... beer.gif
blitZ
I bought the muffler from Triad West

The exchangers are just VHT painted, which probably won't last.
Qball
QUOTE(blitZ @ Aug 25 2006, 11:43 AM) *

I bought the muffler from Triad West

The exchangers are just VHT painted, which probably won't last.

thumb3d.gif thanks
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 25 2006, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 25 2006, 10:53 AM) *

They rust on the shelf.....

i believe you meant "dusty", not rusty ... biggrin.gif

like i said, 5 years of use and no rust to speak of yet. that's pretty good for *any* car muffler ...
poke.gif Andy

Good thing that layer of dust is on there. Holds it together! The Cap'n
turboman808
Tom just to let you know one of the best custom exhaust shops around is in our back yard. There prices are very good as well.

They are doing my exhaust next week. I will post pictures when it's done. Also how much they charged.

http://www.rjcustompiping.com/
So.Cal.914
I've had my Anza sence 1984, they wrap the muffler's in aluminum to repel

rust. There is a little on the pipes but not bad no holes and hasn't fallen off yet.

Sounds great to me.
Moneypit
I love that style exhaust, sounds wonderful.... but i think i got the cheap knockoff..

the paint comes right off, and rust sets in pretty quick. i had the original set litterall rust a whole muffler off, while i was in the parking lot. didnt sound too great......

i've considered seeing if theres a shop that can "copy" it in stainless steel for me..... idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.