Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to order Jenvey T/Bs again...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
These throttle bodies are our choice now, cost in the past has impeded their use for many people but now it isn't so bad that we are buying and shipping them in big numbers-

With the current exchange rate a set of jenvey's with fuel rails and TPS run about 880 bucks per pair! This is not including shipping from the UK and import charges! When I have ordered these one set at a time I paid over 1200 bucks PER PAIR for them after duty and shipping!!

I order these in large quantities and get a better deal on not only the parts, but also the shipping.

I'll be taking pre orders for these through Wednesday of next week @ 670 bucks per pair. All orders must be prepaid!!!!!

Sizes available are 40, 45,48 and 50mm. These include TPS, fuel rails and hardware for the rails. You will be responsible for air filters, injectors and velocity stacks if you want to run them.

Engines up to 2270cc do best with 40s, 2316-2563 like the 45s, and the 48s are best for up to 2740cc- save the 50s for beats like my 3 Liter..

Anyone interested email me at productdevelopment@aircooledtechnology.com orders must eb placed and paid for by wednesday 8/30/06 by close of business.
gregrobbins
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Email sent.
STL914
Jake,

Will these work with the stock D-jet system on my 2 liter or would I need to switch over to an after market fuel management system?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(STL914 @ Aug 25 2006, 01:16 PM) *

Jake,

Will these work with the stock D-jet system on my 2 liter or would I need to switch over to an after market fuel management system?

No it won't and yes you will.
Dominic
Speaking of Jenvey's...... I need a set of 40mm Jenvey TB's for my 2270, so I will be selling my NEW set of 45mm Jenvey TB's to fund this transaction. Or if anyone has a set of 40mm Jenveys that they would like to trade for my 45's please let me know.

Dominic
STL914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 25 2006, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(STL914 @ Aug 25 2006, 01:16 PM) *

Jake,

No it won't and yes you will.

Would you care to elaborate as to why the stock D-Jet will not work?
anthony
A couple of questions:

On a 2270 engine, would these be a performance upgrade over a stock 2L air intake? What kind of hp are you looking at?

Assuming you must use megasquirt, SDS, or some other EFI setup, how do individual throttle bodies complicate tuning?

Final question - what else would one need to put it all together on a 914 engine? Velocity stacks? Air filters from webers? Linkage?
Joe Ricard
Gary, D-jet is for stock engines. and it works well.
these ITB's will promote some serious flow through serious ported heads and nice flowing header.

If you got a stock motor keep stock fuel injection.

If you got something hopped up well the ITB's have very quick throttle response are no longer the restriction of more power.
They are noisy like a IDF but hey who cares in a race car.

bernbomb914
jake order a pair for me email sent

Bernie
Mueller
QUOTE(STL914 @ Aug 25 2006, 06:10 PM) *

stock D-jet has air flow thru 1 throttle body into a common plenum which feeds air into all cylinders, the MPS reads the pressure inside this plenum (which is large enough to act as somewhat of a resevour)

These Jenvey Trottle bodies would be 4 throttle bodies with NO common plenum for the MPS to get a reading on. Normally for individual throttle bodies, vac. lines will be hooked up to each one and feed to a very small box which will then get read by a MAP (manifold absolute pressure gauge)

in short, the reason the D-Jet will not work is due to it not being adjustable enough...I'm sure someone with enough time/money could get it to work but they'd have to either bored to death with nothing else to do to be able to spend the 100's and 100's of hours getting it to work or just foolish not to take advantage of modern electronics....
Mueller
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Aug 25 2006, 08:41 PM) *

jake order a pair for me email sent

Bernie

that's it, I'm taking you off my Christmas card list... biggrin.gif just kidding, wise choice and I don't blame you one bit clap56.gif
STL914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 25 2006, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(STL914 @ Aug 25 2006, 06:10 PM) *

stock D-jet has air flow thru 1 throttle body into a common plenum which feeds air into all cylinders, the MPS reads the pressure inside this plenum (which is large enough to act as somewhat of a resevour)

These Jenvey Trottle bodies would be 4 throttle bodies with NO common plenum for the MPS to get a reading on. Normally for individual throttle bodies, vac. lines will be hooked up to each one and feed to a very small box which will then get read by a MAP (manifold absolute pressure gauge)

in short, the reason the D-Jet will not work is due to it not being adjustable enough...I'm sure someone with enough time/money could get it to work but they'd have to either bored to death with nothing else to do to be able to spend the 100's and 100's of hours getting it to work or just foolish not to take advantage of modern electronics....

Thanks Mike,

That certainly answers my question as to why it would not work.
bernbomb914
mike Iam still in with you

Bernie
Jake Raby
On Monday I'll have an item on my store for these purchases. It'll be up through wednesday. This will make ordering much simpler and secure.
gopack
icon_bump.gif
Since the club was down, and some interested parties may have not seen Jake's last post, is there any chance that anyone interested can still get in on this?
Gary
I looked a few times on the typeIV store and didn't catch the TB link, either on main storefront or the induction section.
smdubovsky
I'm late to the party, but can one also get a deal on a set of TBs for a /6? Im in no rush and could wait for the next order. Didn't know if it was limited to /4 parts or not.

SMD
Dominic
QUOTE(smdubovsky @ Sep 1 2006, 06:45 AM) *

I'm late to the party, but can one also get a deal on a set of TBs for a /6? Im in no rush and could wait for the next order. Didn't know if it was limited to /4 parts or not.

SMD

It was only a buy on the 40mm, 45 or 48mm IDF style dual throat TB's for 4 Cyl engines.
Jake Raby
Deal is over. Throttle bodies were ordered 10 minutes after the deadline... These parts were only for the /4- I could care less if any other engine even existed :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.