Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lug bolts for 914-6 same as for the 4's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenschipper
Are the lug bolts used on a 914-6 the same as those used on a 4? I have a set of polished 5 lug Fuchs and need to purchase a set of bolts for them.

I haven't decided whether to paint the centers or leave them polished. Also, not sure if I should go with painted spokes or not. The six is black.

If anyone has photos of the different styles post them here or send me a link.

Any sources for polished/chrome studs that aren't $15.00 apiece?

Ken Schipper
SLITS
They don't use bolts....they use studs & nuts

however,

If you drill and tap the hubs for 5 bolts....the ball seat and diameter is the same on the wheels (/4 vs /6)
horizontally-opposed
Hey Ken!

As Slits points out, the six uses a different setup entirely.

Hey, I've been trying to track you down to ask what tires were on your black six when you bought it and how you like them. Handling? Noise? Ride? Squealy?

I suspect they're the Vredestein Sprint Classics, and I am thinking about moving away from my modern 205/55ZR15s to these. Thoughts?

Thanks! beerchug.gif

pete
kenschipper
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 25 2006, 08:40 AM) *

Hey Ken!

As Slits points out, the six uses a different setup entirely.

Hey, I've been trying to track you down to ask what tires were on your black six when you bought it and how you like them. Handling? Noise? Ride? Squealy?

I suspect they're the Vredestein Sprint Classics, and I am thinking about moving away from my modern 205/55ZR15s to these. Thoughts?

Thanks! beerchug.gif

pete

They are actully very old Dunlop SP Steel Max tires. Probably at least 10 years old. Size is 185/70 15. Look good as classic tires but I really don't trust them on tight curves. Not quite sure where they will break loose.

I will probably keep them for shows and get a set of modern tires to mount on my polished Fuchs. Problem is that these tires only leave about 3/8" of clearance between tire and fender in the rear. Currently looking at 195/50 or 55's. How tight are your 205's.
Joe Bob
Tires generally have a life of five-six years.

As to nuts for five lugs....use open headed ones. Not as purty but don't break off or fracture like the alloy ones do.

The 911 board always has a bitch about them and how they almsot have to destroy the wheel to get them off.
So.Cal.914
205/50's and 55's fit on mine no problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.