Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
I recently have rebuilt my old 73', F.I. 1.7 for a daily driver...

We counter balanced the crank, installed a Web#73 cam, Web 00-263 lifters, 2.0 Euro pistons, lightend/surfaced flywheel and of course new bearings, seals, oil pump, balanced the entire assembly (including clutch etc...), etc...

Now it's time to put it back in the car...I am going to use the F.I. that was in the car...The original D-Jet...

The question is...Since we changed the piston size, etc...Should I assume this motor is now closer to a 2.OH! and change to the green 2.0 injectors...OR, stay with the original yellow 1.7s

Whatcha' think...Opinions please...

2-OH!
Bleyseng
I hope you changed the crank too to a 71mm one plus changed the rods so you can run the 94mm Euro pistons.

I haven't had much luck trying to get the 1.7L injectors to flow enough fuel at WOT when running even for a 1911cc motor.

Switch to 2.0L green ones but you are going to have change out the runners and plenum as the 1.7l ones are pretty small. I think you can make it work but it won't help the hp at higher revs.
You will also have to change out the MPS to a 037 to match your 73 1.7l ECU plus find a 017 CHT and ballast resistor to make the idle work.

Shit, I would just install a 2.0l bus runners and plenum to get the larger size and go with MS as you are gonna have lots of tuning to do with the djet to make it work. Not a easy undertaking..
2-OH!
icon_bump.gif
Bleyseng
just find a used good 2.0L Djet setup or a 914 1.8l Ljet setup. Both will need tuning.
Mark Henry
I agree with Geoff, every time I've seen this done they always have tuning issues. Once you go beyond stock I'd ditch the d-jet.
Bleyseng
If you lived close to me I could assist you to tune it. Its not easy and takes time, shit lots of time.

RichD is still bugging me to finish tuning his car.......neither one of has the time at the moment.

Djet is a hard wired FI for a set VE curve, so swapping around the parts of motors with different cams, pistons, CR, blah blah creates a ton of problems.

I have had the time and stubborness to fight thru the problems to get a great running Djet 2056 with tons of power, higher revs and a good idle.
Its not a bunch of bolt of parts.

It can be done by,
installing the proper 2.0l Djet intake setup, FI, ECU and then tuning it using a LM1 meter with a o2 sensor or spending the $$$ at a dyno shop to tune the MPS via trial and error.
Mueller
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 25 2006, 06:27 PM) *

just find a used good 2.0L Djet setup or a 914 1.8l Ljet setup. Both will need tuning.

When I installed the L-Jet on my 2.0 I didn't tweak it all...ran great !!!!

of course I only put a few hundred miles on it and never measured any temps or A/F numbers so who knows if I would have smoked something if I had run it longer than I did....the only reason (besides stupidity) that removed the L-jet was to install the megasquirt just for the heck of it....
Bleyseng
On buses with Ljet if you change the cam you have to tweak the AFR some....gotta do that on the Westy ASAP.
jwilliamadams
I increased my 1.8 to a 1.91 and the L-Jet works great, except that I had to file down the idle side of the butterfly inside the throttle valve to allow more air to pass at idle. I believe the throttle valve on the 912E 2.0 with L-Jet is of similar diminsions to what I now have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.