Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT need help determining a Westie's value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
Any one know of a Westie magazine like Excellence that give fair market values on Westfalia's?

I need help determining it's fair market value: 72 VW Westfalia with 90,000 miles zero rust, excellent interior, valves were done 3,000 miles ago, body has a few small dings
bondo
Does this help?
GWN7
Thanks, but those are too new.... 68 - 74 are the same body styles...there is other differences in those years as well but it will give me a base line
Bleyseng
Look on thesamba.com for campers for sale.
Ferg
nada classic car guide has it at 18600 for a high value

http://www2.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI...80302&da=-1

Ferg beerchug.gif
GWN7
Thanks Freg....that's what I need for the insurance company.....

beerchug.gif

I'm also taking them a quote from a transport company to get one here from LA happy11.gif and US to CDN $ conversion factors....
drewvw
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
GWN7
lol biggrin.gif ok...

Flat towing it home from Iowa I stopped in a small town in MN to fuel up and get some lunch. A little grey car pulled out in front of me and I had to hammer on the brakes (from about 30 mph).....about 100' past there I turned left into a Subway lot and the tow bar tore out of the front frame horn...this caused the bus to continue in a straight line and the left corner hit the right corner of my truck. Then the second bolt tore out and the safety chain pulled the bus into the back of the truck a second time damaging the drivers door of the bus. Fixed everything up and got back on the interstate when the rear tire shreaded (I'm guessing from the glass from the lens) damaging the rear wheel well.

When I did the panic stop I figure that caused the bolts to tear 1/2 way out as I had checked it when I fueled up minuites before.

Note that period correct ashtray naughty.gif and 8 track player biggrin.gif

P.S. Took it by my buddys body shop and he said about $2300 damage.....
Bleyseng
Nice carpet Dude!
Air_Cooled_Nut
Get a couple independant vehicle worth appraisals.

When my Squareback got damaged (and it wasn't my fault) I took her to three independant VW mechanics for an estimate of the car's value. The cost to repair damages was done at a body shop. I then told the guy that caused the accident I wanted X amount of money to repair the damages (nothing more, just cover the accident damage). He said no and his insurance co. considered my car a total. I took him to small claims. I proved that my car was worth more than what a book stated (because of the independand appraisals) and received a check that covered the repair costs.

Stupid Philomath farmers. Don't fuck with kids in VW's!
GWN7
Just received a quote to ship one from LA to here.....$2504.08 smile.gif

There is only one independant VW shop here......I'm going to take the on-line one from above and then print Ebay ads of the same body style (might slip in the 66 that went for 18K wink.gif too) with low miles and no rust.

Take the Ebay prices...convert them to CDN $ and add in the delivery......they will end up fixing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.