Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yokohama ES100 tire fit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenschipper
Has anyone had any experience with the Yokohama ES100 tires.

My current tires (185/70 15 on 914-6 Fuchs) are kind of tight (about 3/8" clearance between tire and fender with fender lip rolled up).

Looking at 195 50/55/60 15's.None of the dealers stock this tire so I can't really get a test fit.

Thanks for any help.
Brian_Boss
I have those tires in 195/60 and they fit easily and my fenders are not rolled. I went with the 60 series to keep the highway RPM's close to stock. The ES100 seems to run narrower than average for a given size. They do have a pretty soft sidewall for a performance tire.

Hope this helps.

Brian
Leo Imperial
I'm running the 205/55 R15 on 6" cookie cutters up front and 225/50 R15 on 7" cookie cutters in the rear (pulled fenders). Several offsets on fuchs and I am not sure what you have, but I have seen 205's all around without issue on other cars. The 205/55's have a fuller appearance than the 205/50's, but that is a personal choice. the ES100's are a nice tire for the price and are good in the wet and dry.
2 others that I know are running these tires are ArronCox and NYChef.

Disclaimer: All 914's were not built the same
carreraguy
Hi Ken:
FWIW I had 195/60/15 ES100's with 2.0 Fuchs on my '76 and had zero problems.
Later,
Scott Carlberg
I had 205/50-15's on my 914 Fuchs, no problem with the fit.

I like those tires btw.
Bought & installed them on a Thursday, drove down to Socal (330mi) for a 914 event, the ENTIRE trip, except for an hour on the WAY home..... in the Rain.

Those tires stuck pretty well.
Aaron Cox
another vote for ES100's as street tires.../

i have 205/50/15 stretched across a 7" fuch up front under stock fender
i have 225/50/15 stretched across an 8" fuch under stretched rear qtrs
slapshot914
I have run a set of Yoko ES100s for about a year or more now. Absolutely no problem with them. Size 195x55 on fake Fuchs. Look good and wear and handle well.
kdfoust
I've used the ES100 as well (on a different car). Nice performing tire for the money and looks good as well.

Later,
Kevin
tod914
I have the same as Tom. Nice tires, think you'll like them. With that size and bilsteins on mine, the ride is abit stiff. At least for me. Spedo seems off by 15-20% off at around 55-60.
Joe Ricard
Never had hydro plane problems with my ES100's

I thought they had a nice side wall. I gave them them to Barry to start Autocrossing on. Pretty crappy grip when you start leaning on them.
good wear but would not buy them again.
Tobra
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Aug 25 2006, 01:47 PM) *

I have those tires in 195/60 and they fit easily and my fenders are not rolled. I went with the 60 series to keep the highway RPM's close to stock. The ES100 seems to run narrower than average for a given size. They do have a pretty soft sidewall for a performance tire.

Hope this helps.

Brian

I have the same,4 lug Fuchs, no problems for me, no flares, no rolling of fender lip.
horizontally-opposed
Have a set of 205/55ZR15s on 15x6 five lug Fuchs with no issues front or rear, inside or out for the 2500-4000 or so miles I've had them on the car.

Been trying to PM/reply/find you to ask about the tires on the car when you got it. I am seriously thinking about moving away from my modern tires to what you are running.

Would you be interested in a trade?

pete
horizontally-opposed
icon_bump.gif
rickyhgarcia
I have them in 205/50-15 on 6" (5-bolt) Fuchs all around. My car is narrow body and the fit is fine. Only problem is that I am about 10% off with the speedo. I am thinking about replacing them with ES100´s in either 195/60 or 195/65 to fix the speedo problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.