Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who lives in Tejas?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stuie
Hey all!

Just POR15'd a couple spots on my car today (floorboards before the carpet comes) and I have a load of parts coming to tighten up my car over the next two weeks and I was wondering if there were any 914 guys in the Dallas/Ft Worth area on here?

Happy driving!

beer.gif
zen motorcycle
Plenty of people in the DFW area from bone stock to V8 conversions. As I was told maybe as many as on the west cost just not as type happy. Oh and if it hasn't happened yet

welcome.png
ClayPerrine
There are a lot of us here, and I probably know most of them.

Come to the MUSR in October. It's fun, and you will meet a LOT of 914 people.

And if you need anything on your car, contact me. I am always willing to help out a fellow 914 owner.
jr91472
what he said....

wavey.gif
rickyhgarcia
I do not live in Texas...but my car is in Euless.
Howard
welcome.png
Mosey on over to the 'member map' at the top of this screen. Join up, put in your info, then zoom in, find all your new pahdners, and cut them off at the pass. aktion035.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(zen motorcycle @ Aug 25 2006, 07:11 PM) *

Plenty of people in the DFW area from bone stock to V8 conversions. As I was told maybe as many as on the west cost just not as type happy. Oh and if it hasn't happened yet

welcome.png

Type happy? We call it being social, what a concept.
LowGT
I used to live right next to the ballpark in Arlington, but I moved to Wylie last October.
Grelber
McKinney for me, about a mile south of jr91472.

wavey.gif
jr91472
QUOTE(Grelber @ Aug 26 2006, 05:47 AM) *

McKinney for me, about a mile south of jr91472.

wavey.gif

Ron, you're coming to MUSR8 right? You really need to try and make it. Lots of good folks in these parts. We can all caravan up.

beer.gif
Stuie
Good to meet you guys!

I am near Collins & Mayfield in South Arlington.

I have had my car about 1 week now and having fun with it. What is MUSR8 and where is some info on the event?

I have a carpet kit coming and I was noticing there were 4 small holes along each side of the edge of the lower door jam. It looks like there are probably two trim strips that would tack down the edge of the carpet but, I bought the car with no carpet and it's been a while since I have had a 914 and I dont remember if there are supposed to be the carpet trim strips.

Should the car have these? If so, anyone got a parts car with a pair the would sell?

Thanks fellas!!
Stu
zen motorcycle
MUSR8 = Mid US Ramble # 8 as I was told a few weeks ago.

It is in the first section of this board, the Nailed section. Clay Is in charge and doing a fine job of it too.

There is a search feature that you can use to find almost any answer, make sure that you seperate your words with & symbols so I would do a search on

carpet & install & edge

search doesn't work with less than three characters so keep that in mind.

otherwise somebody will have an answer for you.

beerchug.gif

Moneypit
Awwwwww, I used to live up in Carrollton before I joine d the Marines....
Only say 2 different 914's in my are, one was white, i think it was a 75 or 76....
orange914
i dont mean to hi-jack the thread in anyway possible but i noticed that Stuie lives in arlington texas.... and my '95 nissan maxima was bought originally from Don Davis nissan dealership there w00t.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachmentstill have original window sticker
Grelber
Rich: Scheduled to be in Florida at a meeting the week of MUSR 8. mad.gif

Ron
tat2dphreak
there's a few of us texicans around... always willing to help. welcome!
JPB
Es Tejatos werrro!!

beer.gif Don de es tu cabesa?

Texicans? My favorit term bro av-943.gif
Stuie
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 26 2006, 07:03 PM) *

Es Tejatos werrro!!

Ayyyy cabron!

Mi cabesa es mui borracho hombre!

happy11.gif beer3.gif
Stuie
Cool to meet you local cats!

Ya know, Eric's biz is bad arse. Got my parts in from him today while out working on the "rust mobile" (was fiberglass patching some floorboard holes when the order arrived. Thanks Eric!

I got some bearings in for the front passenger wheel which I figured was causing the shimmy at 60+ mph but today it seemed more reasonable that it may be a worn ball joint or something. It comes and goes over 65mph. Does this sound familiar? Will probably pull the wheel in the morning and check out the bearings but I have a feeling it's gonna be a suspension component.

It's hotter'n snot here!

Cheers fellas!
JPB
QUOTE(Stuie @ Aug 26 2006, 09:19 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 26 2006, 07:03 PM) *

Es Tejatos werrro!!

Ayyyy cabron!

Mi cabesa es mui borracho hombre!

happy11.gif beer3.gif

Borrracho es bueno. Boracha es mas buena ci?

beer.gif Cool!
Stuie
Chale` holmes!
Mi querida es latina!

>:oP
GWN7
QUOTE(Stuie @ Aug 26 2006, 06:25 PM) *

I got some bearings in for the front passenger wheel which I figured was causing the shimmy at 60+ mph but today it seemed more reasonable that it may be a worn ball joint or something. It comes and goes over 65mph. Does this sound familiar? Will probably pull the wheel in the morning and check out the bearings but I have a feeling it's gonna be a suspension component.

It could be a tire too...belt seperation....had the same problem on Dallas (my 73 ...guess where it's from? smile.gif ).....shimmy at 60 gone at 70....

jr91472
Hey you Texicans, vote for another native Texican!!!

Colin Braun - GrandAM Youngest Winner!!!
tat2dphreak
shimmy couls also be a tire balancing issue, my white 72 had that issue, I replaced the bearings, still there, so I had the tires balanced... fixed
Stuie
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Aug 27 2006, 07:05 AM) *

Hey you Texicans, vote for another native Texican!!!

Colin Braun - GrandAM Youngest Winner!!!

Vote cast! smilie_pokal.gif
Stuie
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Aug 27 2006, 03:56 PM) *

shimmy couls also be a tire balancing issue, my white 72 had that issue, I replaced the bearings, still there, so I had the tires balanced... fixed

Two for tires!

Thanks guys!

I will replace those things then! (worn on the inner tread anyway)

Stu
Stuie
Two new front tires got me up to speed!

Thanks for the great advice!

Stu
tat2dphreak
good to hear!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.