Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I bought a 914-6 today. And the lost warehouse....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
The owner of ht eblue 914-6 that I have for sale(sale pending) sold me a 914-6 that he purchased a year ago form Don Melnick in Bellvue Wash.
Don bought the car with 40000 miles, no body damage and no rust. He decided to do a few things to the car, and ended up deciding to build a 914-6 GT Rally car.
Don the proceeded to stockpile factory parts to build his GT. He also bult a rotiserrie to mount the car on and stripped the car of all parts. He also had his kids scrap the undercoating away by hand. Each night they would go into the garage and scrap a little more, until is as you see it in the pictures.
Don had health problems and sold the car and all of the parts before completion.
Don since passed away.
Dan has decided that he doe's not want to do another project, so I purchase dht ecar and all parts.
Their is just about two of everything. Alot of it is still in the boxes or bags from Porsche.
Two oil tanks,two new in box dash pads, new Weber carbs, three new windshield seals, Super Oscar hood mount lights, Factory steel flares, new Scheel seats in the box, 14 inch Fuchs in the box,7x8x16inch Fuchs, 15 inch Fuchs, one set of new never used heat exchangers, one set of used but excellent heat exchnagers. plus a 2.0 six motor and a rebuilt ready to assemble with all new parts 2.7.
Most all of the parts are inventoried and some are boxed or in plastic baggies.
CCLINTHELOSTWAREHOUSE
boxstr
more of the lost warehouse...
boxstr
even more of the lost warehouse.....
Joe Bob
Lucky you....

Where's my fargin Tee Shirt?????

Lou W
drooley.gif
boxstr
and even more of the lost warehouse....
boxstr
Never had any Tshirts. Want a hat?
boxstr
more....
Mueller
nice score....you can keep car, can I have the warehouse??? smash.gif

that much space just makes me pray.gif
boxstr
seals and craft
Gary
Schweet.

Pacific NW rainy season's acoming - if the windshield seals are elusive targa seal, PM me a price.. (assuming you're not haording all the beautiful parts just to look at, hehe biggrin.gif )
markb
drooley.gif

Boojum
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 25 2006, 11:42 PM) *

nice score....you can keep car, can I have the warehouse??? smash.gif

that much space just makes me pray.gif

Hah, yeah, no doubt, but if you're anything like me that space would be filled up with junk and crap before you could actually do anything cool in it.

wacko.gif
Gustl
wow - big score clap56.gif

there are some nice parts ...

wavey.gif Gustl
David_S
QUOTE(Gary @ Aug 26 2006, 12:43 AM) *

Schweet.

Pacific NW rainy season's acoming - if the windshield seals are elusive targa seal, PM me a price.. (assuming you're not haording all the beautiful parts just to look at, hehe biggrin.gif )

agree.gif If they are available, I would like a price too. I am going to have to do something soon, even if I have to find one that is in 3 pieces, since my project didn't have one when I got it !
banksyinoz
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
damn u
damn u

drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

did u put the lotto on to pay for that stash

good score smiley_notworthy.gif u the man
LvSteveH
You must feel like a kid on christmas morning...... although it sounds like the guy had some idea of the value if he had such a nice six, so I'm sure he didn't give it away. thumb3d.gif
VegasRacer
Major Score, Dude. aktion035.gif
sixnotfour
I bought a 914-4 2.0 with -6 suspension in 1984 from Don(still have it), it was his driver, he had bought a 928, The six was on a plywood rotiserrie. The undercoat was still on it then and had new paint and a dent in the passenger door.
Sad to hear Don passed away.
DNHunt
Man you are a lucky guy. Looks like Craig is THE resource now.

Dave
watsonrx13
Wow, I'm speechless..... Very nice score... aktion035.gif

If I wasn't so far away from you Iwould arrange to purchase the -6 and finish restoring it... But only after I completed the current project and sold the driver, then I'd have enough (hopefully) money to buy it.....

BTW, can you post the VIN ?

-- Rob
tdgray
Craig...cornering the market on every 914 part and car... one at a time biggrin.gif

I hate you biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
Now what? Build a car (or two)? Or just lay awake at night deciding what to do with the treasure?
70Sixter
I'm hyperventilating. clap56.gif
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Aug 26 2006, 08:16 AM) *

I'm hyperventilating. clap56.gif

Congrats!!

If you need to unload some extra parts..let me know!
URY914
Come on, what the big deal?

I find stuff like that all the time here in the dry Southeast.

Paul sad.gif
Dr Evil
I think I just plotzed...OMG

A score like this couldn't have happend to a nicer guy biggrin.gif I am glad you are my very best friend. biggrin.gif Mikey needs anew set of 914/6 heat exchangers KMA.gif
914werke
<insert Stiffy smilie> BOING!
Nice! Just got back from recreating in Whistler and this was one of the first
threads I read.
Jeroen
damn! nice score drooley.gif
brownaar
Okay, I'm only gonna make this offer once. Give me 50 bucks and I'll take it all off your hands.

Schweet stash.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(boxstr @ Aug 25 2006, 10:38 PM) *

Never had any Tshirts. Want a hat?

Sure.....

blink.gif
Root_Werks
I had a chance to see many of the parts he got from this score. Wow! Those NOS 914-6 heater boxes, NOS NLA Seals, WOW! I had to just break down and start hugging parts and almost crying. drooley.gif biggrin.gif

Great find Craig!
ppickerell
chair.gif dead horse.gif confused24.gif chairfall.gif must have seals...........who do you gotta blow
Chris Pincetich
Awesome. My black '72 has been begging for a summer trip to CAMP914 to play with all the pretty cars you have, it has had to be content with some Pilots from CAMP...if word of all this spread it'll drive itself up there without me to get new parts. av-943.gif

If I started my own 914 restoration non-profit group, could I write off all my parts purchases and have old widows calling me donating all their dead husband's NLA parts and cars? Hmmm, "The NorCal 914 Restoration Group"...in my dreams. I'm still at work now!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif flipa.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
boxstr
Mystery part rolleyes.gif found while digging through the lost warehouse parts.
CCL
JRust
You suck Craig! I'm pretty sure you threw one of those front targa windshield seal for the car I just bought from you. I'll be happy yo pick it up free of charge. We could stufff it on the side of the engine I'm gonna buy from you. Better not sell my engine Craig. Just waiting to get the money for my 2.0 engne I sold. I'll call you soon!- Jamie
sixnotfour
Mystery part found while digging through the lost warehouse parts.

1972 911 oil flter console. Notice the 916 part number, $100-300
BKLA
Droolworthy my friend!

Great Find!

Does the purchase of another 914 mean that I have to find a different storage place for the orange beastie? biggrin.gif
DEC
really great find
That's in this extent only in the U.S. possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.