Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New colours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slugmika
Thanks to Jeroen here is finally my new colours for 2006 season.
I'we been quite busy with the new baby so progress has been slow.

Time trials were today and tomorrow we will have 2 races.
I got the 6th place in a grid and i'am quite happy with that.

Big thaks to Dan (Callicott Motorsport) for support.
I really need to thank Slits for my doors, it would have been much harder without doors burnout.gif
Even though i'am in a different part of globe than most of you guys, 914club has made my life much easier so THANKS CLUB914 smiley_notworthy.gif

I will update our race report tomorrow.

Mika

ps. there is couple more pictures in http://koti.mbnet.fi/ywa/jappe/Mika
slugmika
One more
Oops, just noticed that left rear, behind the rear wheel is missing the yellow, oh well that will be fixed tomorrow.
race914

Nice Work! smilie_pokal.gif

Anxious to hear how your run sessions go!
So.Cal.914
Followed the progress of your car with interest especially the rear suspension.

I like the new colors, Good Luck this year.
Aaron Cox
damn your car is low!!!!

when you going to be in the USA again? more "In n Out" burgers for you guys smile.gif
nomore9one4
Colors are sweat! Did you make those rockers yourself ? They look great with the flares. drooley.gif
slugmika
Thanks guys, rear works well. It needs lot of testing to get it tuned but it is getting better all the time.
Aaron, it would be great to visit you guys (and inandout)
Those are evo1 rockers those are not perfect because we didn't got the round radius for that lower part. Next ones will be nicer. Those are made from 1.5mm steel, it's invisible way to add some weight in the right place.

Mika
cbenitah
You know those colours are Swedish biggrin.gif But since we beat you guys in hockey the past season I guess its ok.. laugh.gif Nice looking though!
xitspd
Mika,

The paint looks hot! I like the colour combination. The car looks very aggressive with the flares and ride height. Thoses quarter panels are from molds I had made directly off of my car before I had it painted. The suspension looks interesting. I will ship you more glass during the year if you have any track damage. Keep us posted with your progress.

Congrates on the new baby as well! Be safe and FAST!

Dan
slugmika
Yeah, those are swedish colours and you can bet that i have heard about that dry.gif
Thanks Dan.
I had nice race or actually two races.
First start was really bad, i changed from 2nd to 5th so i lost two places and dropped to 8th. After few laps i was allready in 5th place and was trying to overtake one camaro when i spinned. There was big block chevelle which had major engine blow in one turn. I drove in to that oil and got stucked in sand, that was it.
Second start i was allready racing with that same camaro. Track was really slippery because all the oil. It was harder to keep up with camaro in this second race. Reason for that was that i actually had problems with throttle which only opened 46%. Weekend was nice because we only had minor problems. We still have 2 weeks to prepare for next race and we are really looking forward for that.

Here is some pictures
slugmika
Yesterday i had a change to take a closer look at my car after race weekend. Noticed that the left rear wheel had bottomed to fender. Inner fender and left rear BBS was bendt. After 1/2 hour work they are both perfect again. I'am a bit nervous to get the car up, i allready know that other header needs some work. We'll go testing next wednesday and try to get the rear sorted out. Next race is week away so we doesn't have much time.
slugmika
One more picture.
Dan, is your logo ok here or would you like it to be somewhere else?
I'am making a smaller one to fit front lid.
Lou W
Sure looks gud, I like the colors too. Dan and I were just talking about your car today thumb3d.gif
slugmika
Little update
We were testing the car wednesday. Lap times were over 1 sec. faster with little fine tuning. Unfortunately i had problem with gearbox in tight S turn. I'am braking by changing to smaller gear in that turn, sloppy 901 had no gear on when i got of the clutch. So car spinned and i hitted the metal fence. So, my poor 914 was 20cm shorter. Rear lights, rear bumper, drivers side quarter panel and spoiler are damaged. I did get the car about straight but we were unable to get back to track because lot of noise in gearbox. Opened the gearbox in a pit and found that it had 1st/R shift fork moved to touch to R gear, that was the noise.
I did adjust the fork and got the box back together, but then my machanic found that one of the uniballs were also damaged. So that was it.
Yesterday i rebuildt the rear and today we are packing the car to trailer. It doesn't look too bad, only the rear bumper is missing.
I'll add some pictures later.

ps. If you guys have extra taillight housings and lenses, i would be interested. 901 side shifter box is also in shopping list, doesen't hase to be mint.
xitspd
QUOTE(slugmika @ Aug 31 2006, 11:55 PM) *

One more picture.
Dan, is your logo ok here or would you like it to be somewhere else?
I'am making a smaller one to fit front lid.

Mika,

Do you need more flared quarter panels? If so, I will check to see if we can fabricate some more off our molds. I have two mag 915's, I will see I can trade one for a 901. If I can make a deal. it's yours.

Dan
slugmika
Ok, race is over again.
Had a lot of problems. In practice session i broke the left lover trailing arm. Because of that we had really tight schedule to fix it before time trials. Just in time we had car fixed but we had no time to adjust the camber or anything. Because of too much camber, car was really hard to drive. I got the 16th position to start from. Race started quite nicely and after few laps, i was in 7th position. Soon i started to have problems while shifting to 4th. Shifter went to right place but there was no gear? I started to loose positions. After few laps fighting with the gears i decided that i'am going to put it to 4th. With too much force i shifted to 4th and there it was, i had the 4th on but never got it of. Last 4 or 5 laps i drove with only 4th. gear.
So in the end i was 13th.

Now i really need to think what to do with that 901. Otherwise car was getting better all the time. Next season i need to change to wider 245 tyres and built the rear and front inner fenders so that there is more room.

We are going to arrange a dyno day next or following weekend. Engine feels strong but after dyno we'll know better.

Dan, i think i need atleast new quarters sad.gif

pictures:
Jeroen
darn... I completely missed this thread
Looks good Mika!
slugmika
Thanks Jeroen, i have got lots of positive commets about the new colours. Still need to figure out if i should paint the wheels or not, what do you say?
We had a dyno day last saturday. 242 hp and 300Nm. There is 28hp and 20Nm missing comparing the last dyno run. Both headers have had their share of curbs so there is only about 60% id in lowest pipes.
I'am going to make new ones with more ground clearance.

Mika
Jeroen
I'm not sure painting the wheels would add much
If you do, paint 'm light blue, so it contrasts with the lower yellow

what did you do to your 3.2 to make that kind of HP and torque?
slugmika
Ok, i think i leave them black.
3.2 is otherwise stock but i have Hestec programmable injection & ignition.
I also did my own headers, heads are also tidyed but nothing major, those 3.2 heads are pretty good in stock form.
Here is our dyno day stickers, i got the MoFo one biggrin.gif
IPB Image

And my car in dyno
slugmika
here is the official slugs dyno day site with the videos.
http://www.kingrattus.com/dynoday/
Mika

ps. Bad Juhas dyno run in under "Pahan Enkeli" link and mine in "Maaad Mika"
Jeroen
don't understand a thing that's said, but the site looks cool!
slugmika
did you notice the videos, Kari's black bug (1776cc), first in left "Musta Pantteri" did go all the way to 8600rpm.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(slugmika @ Oct 3 2006, 11:35 AM) *

did you notice the videos, Kari's black bug (1776cc), first in left "Musta Pantteri" did go all the way to 8600rpm.

whats the story on that motor! sounded waaaay wild!
slugmika
It's one of the 1776 challenge motor's. Guys here decided that they will buildt the 69*90.5 engines and see who is fastest.
I didn't remember how much hp. this one had but around 160.
It has run the 1/4 mile in 13.36 and weights 868kg. Ida's etc.
That was with stroker gearbox, we'll see how it goes with it's new mouse-engine gearbox :-)

Mika
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.