Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in the Seattle area rebuilding 914 Calipers and Master Cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Hi...

Just got my 914 about 2 weeks ago...cant drive it because it has a bad miss and no power, but most important...no brakes and the brake pedal doesnt return...

So...

Im going through Pelican Parts for a completely rebuiilt pedal assembly...

But I need someone in the Seattle area thats familiar with 914 Calipers and Master Cylinders to rebuild mine? Ill put all new pads, etc.. So then the brakes should be good...

But finding rebuilt calipers locally is impossible...any ideas?

Thanks...

Quadracerx
Cap'n Krusty
As a professional with 33 years in the trade, I strongly advise you against rebuilding the master cylinder. Calipers are OK, though. What goes wrong with master cylinders can't easily be fixed with an avearge rebuild, and doing it right would cost nearly double the price of a new one. We save that for master cylinders (and wheel cylinders) that are NLA from anywhere. There's a lister who rebuilds calipers, and I'm sure someone will speak up real soon. The Cap'n
Bleyseng
I have a set of rebuilt recently and used for about 3 months sitting on the shelf I can sell you.

These are fronts late style calipers. Buy a new MC and a set of 4 speedbleeders to bleed the brakes. I would replace the rubber brake lines at this time too.
Dr Evil
PM Eric Shea here on the board. He rebuilds the calipers and peadal assemblies for a living wink.gif
boxstr
Goldline in Seattle has been rebuilding my calipers for years. John is a one man shop he has been doing brake caliper rebuilds, and other brake work, for 25 years.
He knows the 914 and has all of the seals and parts to do the job correctly and guarante the work.
Craig at CAMP
sixnotfour
dont know how much he charges compare with PMB 225 pair and zinc plated
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=23490

I Know the gold paint lasts about 2months in rainy weather, if it even matters.
http://www.goldlinebrakes.com
Toll-free: (877) 347-2225
Email: sales@goldlinebrakes.com

7100 East Marginal Way South
Seattle, WA 98108
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.