Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AAHHHH! OIL leak!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Got the car started for delivery to the paint shop tommorrow. It is running like crap but hasen't been started since Nov/05. I look under the car and there is a constant dripping of oil at my most rear right rod tube. It does not look like the tube is out of wack or leaking. One thing that gets my head running is that when I removed the PO's Monza exhaust, it was bent like he backed into a wall with it or something. I got my headers installed now and didn't pay no mind to it at the time. Is this a sign of a cracked head? I am thinking the worst and don't know where the leak is coming from, seems to be over the tube somewhere. HELP!!!

beer.gif And just before the ECC!

Ahhboo RRRequeting some advise, what should Ahhhbooo doooo?
type47
it's not the pushrod tube seals? can you put the car up and see if it's dripping on the tubes or from the tubes?
Aaron Cox
valve cover?
JPB
Every indication shows it probably is a tube seal but could it also leak at the head bolt above the tube since I didn'ty stick my head under hot dripping oil? The valve cover gasket is leak free and the oil is flowing like one drop every two seconds once the oil is hot.

beer.gif Didn't see any oil coming from over the tube but the head stud is oily like everything under there.LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.