Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 oil pressure gauge wiring question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
O.K., now I can't get my oil pressure gauge working right. I have checked my oil pressure sending unit wire to my gauge checked for continuity. I have switched power working on the gauge. Do I just have to have it hooked to a brown ground wire or is there something else I need to have hooked up? Right now I either have the gauge pegged to the top as soon as I turn the power on or it just stays at the bottom and doesn't move when I hook up to the brn. ground.
On the oil pressure sending unit I have 2 bolts on top. Which one do I hook the wire to?
What to do? WTF.gif
736conver
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Aug 27 2006, 11:26 AM) *

O.K., now I can't get my oil pressure gauge working right. I have checked my oil pressure sending unit wire to my gauge checked for continuity. I have switched power working on the gauge. Do I just have to have it hooked to a brown ground wire or is there something else I need to have hooked up? Right now I either have the gauge pegged to the top as soon as I turn the power on or it just stays at the bottom and doesn't move when I hook up to the brn. ground.
On the oil pressure sending unit I have 2 bolts on top. Which one do I hook the wire to?
What to do? WTF.gif

Do you have the right sender for the gauge.
Aaron Cox
sender has 2 poles on it.

one is labeled WK (warning light) and other is G (gauge)

if your gauge is pegging when turning the key, i think you ahve em mixed up at the sender
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.